Who was the first person you met/knew here?

mountainlander said:
I haven't met anyone. :(
I haven't either. I thought we were talking about online meeting.

good thread arty..

for me it was terri, she just joined a few days before mine. Probably next would be Manda, LuckyDog cause they are fellow southern hemisphereans. I have pleasure of talking to Terri and Manda. I have met LuckyDog, Xmetal, Westman and Nukie in Sydney, it was a good time. I've met Ducky and his lovely wife whilst they visited NZ.

I hope to meet Karalee once she returns to NZ. I always have open invitation for all those who wish to visit Auckland, i've taken 2 or 3 people who i met online around NZ.

If I am ever in Europe I would love to visit Lula in Portugal and probably drop by and see Anja in Poland. And when I return to the states, I'll see if I can meet Photogoddess and Malachite in Socal as its usually a stopover and Terri in Hotlanta cause my rellies live in GA. And Chase you aren't safe either, i have distant rellies in the republic of Texas :lol:

We are quite fortunate in the sense that forum has created quite a few friendships that bridged gaps across continents and cultures :D

Well lets see, the first person to welcome me here was MDowdey :) Shortly after that some weirdo with a cartoon character of a tiger started stalking me around the forum :lol: Chase started talking to me after that, I guess because he felt sorry that I had chosen to be with Hobbes :mrgreen: Oh, and JonMikal said something very nice to me in one of my first threads so I'm glad he stayed around!

In person I had the priviledge to meet all those at JT, some I'll even beeing seeing again in a few months :D

Hmmm I haven't met anyone in person..... yet.
But I have made some great friends here. First one was Ferny and then quickly followed by Artemis - you guys are great and have been excellent friends to me. :hug::

And I can't forget my crazy southern hemisphere mate, Xmetal who makes me laugh when I'm down and shares some pretty interesting stories. ;-)

oh and Alecia, stop stalking me. :lol: hahahaha! You crazy girl, but you're so funny.

Ahhh, I get it now.

LittleMan, and 2Stupid2duck were the first to comment on my picture posts. Elsapet was one of the first that I made any real connection with, when she jumped ALL over a oneposter that trashed on someones shots. My first two threads were picture threads, and then I intro'd myself.

I remember being taken aback by how good JonMikal's stuff was. Still am sometimes.

I joined b/c I had been posting photos on Wolf Cameras' Big Print Gallery and gotten ZERO responses, let alone any critiques.

Meysha said:
Hmmm I haven't met anyone in person..... yet.
But I have made some great friends here. First one was Ferny and then quickly followed by Artemis - you guys are great and have been excellent friends to me. :hug::

And I can't forget my crazy southern hemisphere mate, Xmetal who makes me laugh when I'm down and shares some pretty interesting stories. ;-)

oh and Alecia, stop stalking me. :lol: hahahaha! You crazy girl, but you're so funny.

Gotto say the roles have reversed, I find im coming to you with my problems, but I WILL be here if you need me...if you need someone nutted (Headbutted) then im your man ;)

lizheaemma said:
Hmmm...
lets see!
Doxx and Dew
Mdowey, metroshane, chase, and mrsid99
and Craig
hee hee, you can always tell the '03ers just by who they recall. ;) :thumbup:

Vonnagy was one of the first people to comment on my photos, because he remembered some of locations from then he lived in Fort Lauderdale

As an 03er I defiantly remember those on lizheaemma’s lists.

danalec99 said:
Mark Carpenter (markc). I consider him as my guru.

Very nice photos, i wonder how he's doing lately

heres to the 03ers! :cheers:

yep, have to include Jeffcanes as one of the first ones i talked too.

Yeah, and Markc is missed around here, he was ill for awhile and i think that is why he stopped posting. Definately had some fantastic photographs, very inspiring.

if i remember correctly, i hit it off with John E. a.k.a. Cruzin early on...we joined up 'bout the same time and consider him an internet friend and awesome photog! Alison was also one who i took to rather quickly....she's just plain awesome! many have come along since....but i'll always fondly remember the first. this is an awesome community, full of wonderful ppl with tons of knowledge....you can even get attached to someone like Littleman ;)

Not that I don't love you all but Malachite wasn't the first person I met but definitely the top for me. :lovey:

vonnagy said:
And when I return to the states, I'll see if I can meet Photogoddess and Malachite in Socal

We've got a guest room and you're welcome anytime! :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back