Who was your most interesting client?

I've not done anything different, but yesterday the phone range and a friend of a friend asked me a uestion that made me go "what??"

I was just last night asked to attend a BDSM (bondage, domination, sado masochism) event and take pics of the seminars, participants and events.

I think I need to think about this one a little before I say yes or no... lol.

Hey that could be quite the learning experience..:lol:

Hey that could be quite the learning experience..:lol:

Well, I certainly will be on the giving end more than the taking... LMAO!

(ok get your heads out of the gutter... I meant TAKING PICTURES!)

A little update on thsi story... I politely refused and they asked me to reserve opinions and take a look at some pictures from last year's album before making a final choice, but this just takes portraiture out to another planet for me, though.

Man, some of those shots are absolutely stunning (subject aside). I'm going to give it some more thought for sure. I have been given a couple of months at the very most to make a choice (aren't I feeling special now... lol).

A little update on thsi story... I politely refused and they asked me to reserve opinions and take a look at some pictures from last year's album before making a final choice, but this just takes portraiture out to another planet for me, though.

Man, some of those shots are absolutely stunning (subject aside). I'm going to give it some more thought for sure. I have been given a couple of months at the very most to make a choice (aren't I feeling special now... lol).

Heck what is stoping you from doing it? If there are no moral sensibilities about the subject matter I would do it just for the experience (not that I'm good enough to do anything stunning).

Don't you mean you would be on the taking end rather than the giving..:lol:
I can see you now... "Yeah I said bend over....TAKE IT!!!"
Sorry.. Mind is now out of the gutter.
I bet the shots would be pretty impressive. I mean that is an interesting culture, and if you were to look at the cultural aspect of the "group" it could be great for your portfolio.
I just don't know how you could not be thinking... Ohmygosh... THAT had to hurt.. lol while taking the pictures.. :lmao:

Another thing. If you don't take this opportunity every day from that point on you will regret not giving yourself the opportunity to stretch your experience and skills.

I agree whole heartedly.. If it were me I would take the job, just to stretch my boundries as a photographer. Who knows it just might be fun. But you will definately learn something as a photographer.

Now, that is a job.:hail:

It was pretty cool, I enjoyed it and had a lot of fun, but it was work none the less and what made me decide to stick with landscape photography in the long run. There were just too much politics, releases, stage mothers, prima donnas, intrigue and sub-plots. At the end of the whole thing I was very happy that the program director was approached and convinced that the photography and web site should be done by someone 'in the industry.'

I'm much happier now though, if that makes sense.

I shot a funeral once.

Nuff' Said. :lol:

Most reactions

Back