Why do you love photography?

jameshudson45

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
There are a few reasons I love photography.
1. A picture is worth a thousand words. Well, sometimes a picture is beyond words. It's easier, for me, to communicated with a picture than with words.
2. Every season is beautiful. Winter, even as bald as it is right now, is beautiful. I can't wait to take the snow pictures.
3. This country is beautiful. There's beauty in every state and every region. I like getting out and seeing and taking pictures of nature, and trees, and landscapes. Not so much people. People tend to hide their face, or yell at me, or complain. People are no fun, except kids. Most kids are great. And animals are great to photograph.
4. Photographs are memories. They're sights, they're smells, they're sounds. I see a photograph and I can almost put myself there. Sometimes I wish I could actually go there in an instant.

Why do you love photography?

I've always been drawn to anything that involves using a lot of technology to create art.

I used to draw (design) cars for fun. Lots of cars. I would first draw a side profile. I would then draw a cutaway view showing all of the internals, then top, rear and front, and dashboard views. Finally, I'd list the specs.

I work as a website developer, doing both the technical programming side of things and front-end design.

For me, photography, I think, is just a natural progression of this.

I love it because it gives me an artistic outlet, now that I no longer draw.

I simply have a desire to channel my creativity and photography allows me that.

It's fun trying to give the viewer a new way to look at something.

I love meeting new people during my shoots. I enjoy learning about my clients and their lives. Ultimately, I pride myself when I get "that shot" that makes the bride cry or the mother bust out in laughter.

I have so much to learn, but I feel accomplished when working with my prints. Like many others, I can't believe I get paid to have this much fun!

Because I can't draw stick people to save my life. :er:

Why do I like photography...

1.) Ooooh so many cool toys and gadgets.
2.) It's a method of recording history very closely to how it was perceived by the human eye.
3.) It's a method of telling a story shortly, concisely, and without words.
4.) Some do it oh so much better then me.
5.) Some do not do it as good as me.
6.) It can be very beautiful as a stand alone art.
7.) It can be very beautiful when merged with many other art forms.
8.) You can doctor it up to help correct some issues.
9.) It's value can come from only how you feel about it.
10.) It's value can come from how many others feel about it.
11.) I can use it at both home and work.

AND... You can share it with others so easily or keep it to yourself.

I am not really into it at all, but it gets me all the women I can handle and then some. Actually, this camera stuff is quite boring.

Its my creative outlet. I'm an engineer. The only thing creative in my work would be making a building fall down on purpose just to see the carnage. Photography and playing the guitar keeps me sane :)

1. easy to keep. in the last times, I have taken photographs then pick the film or slide when I kept in long period of time , color of the film will fade or be crazy go to but when be digital I keep only picture file which easily decrease arrangement area for keep and take care very easy .
2. picture file digital can build mass media has variously ie , web page,share photo,advertisement,news etc.
3. easy
to edit.
4.can make more money for me and other can do the same too.

lovedigital.blogspot | digital photo | photo | make money online |

i guess ive always loved creating things, from lego to cooking. photography gives me a regular outlet to create things.
im also a 16 year old boy, and what 16 year old boy doesnt like gadgets?
the technological aspect of cameras fulfills this need for gadgetry more than enough

I love the ability to exhibit creativity. I love the ability to see the world as know else quite sees it. I love the ability to look past the surface and into the heart of the matter. I love the ability to make something lasting and beautiful, even if only in my perception.

Photography is merely my means to that end. And I am so happy that I have been able to learn, over the years, to become so good at it. And I am glad that I am able to realize that I will never know it all. And never knowing it all will never inhibit my ability to participate in the creative form that chose me.

I think 'love' is too strong a term for my relationship with photography.

I use a camera to convert something I see into something I say.

As an engineer, it's my only creative outlet, so it provides a sense of balance. But that's not why I love it per say; I love it because once I put my eye up to the viewfinder, it's just me and the camera and what I'm looking at. Everything seems to freeze: no longer about the people around me, obligations I might have, how hungry I might be. Everything is focused into this one moment of capture and creation that is just so inherently powerful.

Of course, this effect is magnified on film XD

Most reactions

Back