Why do you take pictures?

Many years ago, I was a pro shooter. Weddings, portraits, kids, you name it. I got burned out, and gave up on cameras for about 15 years.

I picked up a Sony P&S just to document my work (electrical) & job site conditions/progress.

I ended up hanging out my own shingle, becoming a self-employed electrician. I upgraded to a D60 about 3 years ago just to improve the images on my business web site. I caught the shutterbug again, but this time I limited myself.

I limited myself to photography on my terms. I shoot what I want, when I want, the way I want and how I want. I shoot, edit, compose, compile, redo my images to suit me. If someone wants to give me some of their hard-earned money for my work, fine by me. But I'm not in it for fame and fortune. I'm in it for the creativity. I like the results. If you do too, fine. If not, that's fine too.

Like previously mentioned , i do not take pictures because anyone can do that with any type of device but it takes talent and passion to create photography. As with every art it requires skill, an eye and of course good equipment.

I take pictures to capture memorable moments, candid moments, moments that express true emotions. :sexywink:

I enjoy the creativity of it all. Capturing a moment of time that will never be the same. I like the processing of the images as well and the creativity that goes with it, taking and maybe boring or regular image and turning it into something special. I enjoy all the aspects from getting the image into the camera to what comes out on the screen. Stitching images together, creating an HDR, or a simply image process. It's odd how much I am into the process but I don't know any of the great photographers outside of Ansel Adams. I enjoy looking at anyones work and admire someone who has a niche that has made them the photographer they are. I am someone who wants to do everything with the camera. A jack of all trades so to speak.

I like the variety that photography brings - creating a great image or turning one into art. I have only gotten serious over the past two-years or so - but it's all I think about doing. I see everything as a potential photograph. Soon, I hope to get into college full-time to earn a degree in photography. My dream job would be... don't laugh... a crime scene photographer. Time will tell where life events may lead, but doing photography is simply amazing.

Wow this is a lot harder to explain than i thought it would be...
um i like photography because its fun and eases my mind... i always go take pictures when i'm stressing about something. Just like today, i have a paper due this week and i took some pictures! (found in newbie forum) Also when i see something, it looks cool, i want to take a picture so others can see but i also feel like i can make things you see the things you see everyday in a different way. Then with editing i can make what you see everyday, look cooler :) haha

Started many years ago, wanting to capture photos of my daughters in sports.
Said I couldn't afford a Professional to take them, so set out to capture them myself.
Eight years ago starting out with a P & S and eventually owning several DSLR's, I can
say, I achieved capturing my daughters.
But, looking back, it would have been cheaper to go ahead and paid a Professional.
Oh, the thrill of knowing those photos hanging on the wall, I took.

Because it reminds you of fond memories of the past. Also, trying to love yourself more by looking at yourself more in pics. I do look handsome :lol:

teak patio set

I want to be remembered. A photo never dies.

I take photos because I am a gangster ass mother ****er.

Most reactions

Back