Why my boss is a *censored*

clarinetJWD

The Naked Spammer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
jwdphotography.com
Now, before I begin describing the topic at hand, I think I should give you a little background on her. She may very well be Satan, and her grandson is a chip of the old, lazy block.

I have a Summer job that involves menial tasks such as unpacking science kits, counting items, and repacking, as well as moving tons (literally) of things around.

History of my boss, scenario 1: I am working, alone, on sorting, counting, and reloading a kit, a task which should take me roughly 16-18 hours. In 9, she started complaining that I was taking too long, and that I wasn't working (a claim which she makes all too often.)
Scenario 2: I finally am given human companionship to work alongside, and as we cut lamination, a job which she assigned us, she lookes up FROM HER QUILTING to ask us "Shouldn't you be doing something?"
Scenario 3: It's 4 PM, and the end of my workday (I start at 6:30 AM and have 30 mins for lunch) and she covers the microphone on her telephone, pausing from her dictation of her grocery list, and discussion of the Michael Jackson verdict, to tell me that I couldn't leave yet because I was 2 minutes late back from lunch.

But today takes the cake! After countless occurances of her normal annoyances (Today, it was her grandson, nagging, 2 hour lunch, and wanting to leave 1:30 early), I am helping the other 2 guys load a truck with completed kits. They work from 7-4:30, and it was time for me to leave. I complete a couple more trips to try and evade her wrath, then say: "The other 2 guys are here until 4:30, and that should be more than enough to finish, so if you don't mind, I'd like to sign out" to which she replied
"We're in the middle of a job"
"I came here at 6:30 so I could get out at 4:00, and I'm not even getting payed for this time, so I'd like to leave for today."
"FINE! Leave, if that's what you want to do!" she rants sarcastically, "And I don't think I need you to come in tomorrow either!" Pause. "No, on second thought, come in at 6:30, and I'll see if I need you then."

Dumbfounded, I stand there speechless for a minute while she walks away. Ms. Menn, i call, to which she responds "I'm too busy to talk to you."

How's that for job security? Oh, and she doesn't have the authority to fire us, as we are employed by central administration. I can't tell her off, because I need the money desparately, and because my parents both work in district.

Sorry for such a long post, but I thought I'd outline the reason for my misery.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to have one of those "I feel like this when you that" conversations that tries to not be offensive, while still getting the point across. Luckily, if I need it, I have my dad working in the building (technically he's the head of the building, but he's not really her boss) so he can mediate.

I think you've just won the award for 'worst employer', don't you have a union rep or industrial relations person to talk to about this? try and go about it by the book.....go postal if it all comes crashing down.

New Job Time!!!! What a biartch!

Thank god I've never had a boss like that. Mine have always been great - except for the one who used to come to work stoned... that was fun.

Slip her something in her drink.

Stoned boss...that could either be hilarious or awful. I'm not sure which ;)
The problem with slipping something in her drink is that she only feasts on the fresh blood of virgins!!! (OK, maybe I'm exaggerating now, but I promise I wasn't before.)

*edit* Oh, yeah, and there's no way I'm taking this job next year. It's a lot of hours, I get Fridays off, and it's damn good pay for a Summer job, but the one part of it is just unbearable.*/edit*

dirt said:
I would be lookin for a new job yesterday. That sucks. Sorry.

I'm with dirt here! Look for another job soon, because this b***ch ain't worth it!

Make sure you come back and tell us how it goes. I would definitely follow mountainlander's advice and take it over her head. Surely you can not be the only person to ever complain about her. How much longer were you supposed to work there?

luckily this happened right at the end of the job, so 6 more days (including today). I walked in today, and she acted like nothing was the matter, but we had the conversation, and she *seemed* nice and sincere, but who knows, I'll be able to make it for 6 more days. Because my dad is an administrator, he has agreed to talk to her boss,and let her know what's going on, so the situation will be taken care of.

Thanks for listening to me rant!

Glad you've only got 6 days left Joe!!! And hopefully someone will straighten her all out before you finish :) And if not buy some eggs on the last day :lol:

Ive had that....she will turn back nasty is my bet.
Be strong, and confident, id say.
"You do realise that im still human right? I AM doing what your asking me, and I will do what you tell me, but YOU can tell me with more respect? or I wont respect you"
I got let go from one of my jobs because I argued with every order I was given, dont make that mistake.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back