Why would you out another photographer?

craig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
craigblank.com
Publicly in forums. I have seen enough threads were this goes down. So ask you why? Did someone make you upset? Did your feelings get hurt? Do you actually think you are better then someone else? Do you think this bashing adds to the validity of the thread?

Where I come from you never put down anyone. NEVER. I have been in photography my whole life. Photographers never publicly out other photographers. Now I am sure that I am slightly guilty of this crime. Trying hard not to be such a wisenheimer...

Personally I feel the maturity level of TPF has been on a steady decline. I have been a member here for years and I refuse to let this place go to the dogs. Shape up or ship out people.

Not a whole lot of Love and Bass at this moment in time.

I too have noticed alot of snide type remarks lately, from alot of names I dont recognize.

THIS TOPIC ADDRESSES WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS ANYMORE!!!

The problem is simple - the report post button is not flashing and shining in neon lights.

What tends to happen is one perons insults the other - then maybe a few others join in or not - then someone decides to stand up for the insulted party and insultss the insulters - fastforward till the next mod wakes up and we have a long 3 page thread of rants and ravings which is locked because at that point most people are as bad as each other..

Guys you have to learn to use the report post command - TPF is avery active community and very big - the mods do their best but they can't be everywhere at once. Report the post - make your own in the thread if you wish to address the topic at hand and then move on..

I have noticed more comments being made that have no value, and simply come from arrogance. The sad part is that I have seen these response that were supposedly "matter of fact," but completly wrong. We need to stay on topic and offer constructivev responses. Sometimes I do post an occasional jokeing response, but I make it clear that it is a joke, and I believe that the op will appriciate a lighthearted response.

Craig, my first thought when I read "outing photographers" was, "There are in the closet photographers? What, are they ashamed to bee see with us!?"

I have noticed more comments being made that have no value, and simply come from arrogance. The sad part is that I have seen these response that were supposedly "matter of fact," but completly wrong. We need to stay on topic and offer constructivev responses. Sometimes I do post an occasional jokeing response, but I make it clear that it is a joke, and I believe that the op will appriciate a lighthearted response.

Craig, my first thought when I read "outing photographers" was, "There are in the closet photographers? What, are they ashamed to bee see with us!?"
:lol: Well I though something else on outing but, the same closet or, another one who knows. And there are some people here you can tell are joking.

Excellent replies thus far gang. I know there is a positive future.

Ryan Lilly: Your humor is very appropriate. Laughing out loud. Fo Sho!

Overread and everyone else... You are wise beyond your years.

Love & Bass

I thought it was about putting personal business of another individual out in the streets. Just because things went south. Some people don't know how to remain professional if you have a disagreement with someone.

It is sad... but it also boils down to the type of world we live in today.

I thought it was about putting personal business of another individual out in the streets. Just because things went south. Some people don't know how to remain professional if you have a disagreement with someone.

It is sad... but it also boils down to the type of world we live in today.

Could be the type of world we live in. I refuse to live in that world. If we concetrate on the positive the negative will slide.

Love & Bass

YOu guys are all stupid for wanting peace in the forums. :p :lol:

Just kidding, just my wierd sense of humor....had to say something to that effect.

I have to say....I do have my share of unprofessional "tiffs" hehehe...photo forum...tiff..hehehe bad pictures.....hahah......(ok...just ignore my horrible pun...) but still, craig, you make a good point.

I have noticed a few thread locked with like 10 pages of back and forth arguing and whatnot, and I personaly find it quite fun to read. Especially when its equipment related or the ever popular NIkon vs Canon debate, those are alwasy fun to read.

The world we live isnt all to great...society is just becoming more lenient on what is acceptable.

I say we have little boxing gloves attatched to springs on every monitor of every "TPF"er and if the say something that is offensive or rude or disrespectful, a litle button on the post will read "Punch Poster in Face in the most Comical Way Possible"

Where are these fighting threads? I only go in about 3 sections so not sure where they would be... Dish the info...

it's a plain and simple fact that the internet (for some reason) makes people say things that they wouldn't say if they were standing infront of an actual person. i got to A LOT of forums and moderate on a few as well and i've only seen like 2 forums where people don't argue about something and that's only because they're small forums.

i will say this; i haven't seen that much of it here but i don't go all over this site either. i'm in the same boat with yemme.

YOu guys are all stupid for wanting peace in the forums. :p :lol:

Just kidding, just my wierd sense of humor....had to say something to that effect.

I have to say....I do have my share of unprofessional "tiffs" hehehe...photo forum...tiff..hehehe bad pictures.....hahah......(ok...just ignore my horrible pun...) but still, craig, you make a good point.

I have noticed a few thread locked with like 10 pages of back and forth arguing and whatnot, and I personaly find it quite fun to read. Especially when its equipment related or the ever popular NIkon vs Canon debate, those are alwasy fun to read.

The world we live isnt all to great...society is just becoming more lenient on what is acceptable.

I say we have little boxing gloves attatched to springs on every monitor of every "TPF"er and if the say something that is offensive or rude or disrespectful, a litle button on the post will read "Punch Poster in Face in the most Comical Way Possible"

Brilliant train of thought!

Yemme: The fighting thread that was the last straw in the Camels' back was http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...weddings-geeze-everyone-can-photographer.html

Love & Bass

Oh dear .... I see what you mean Craig.... See that's why I like to start fun threads... I like to laugh.

Most reactions

Back