Why you should spend money on a better lens, not a better body...

True, but I would counter (only partly) the point by noting that hte first shot is noticably more contrasty (as a result of the light or the light and the editing) whilst the second (for cretain) and the third are far less contrasty overall. Contrast is important to consider in this because higher contrast is part of what we see as greater sharpness - a more contrasty image will often look a lot sharper than one with far more muted contrast differences.

I would say whilst other factors might well be present (including the possibility of a lens that is either not as sharp or not as fully compatable with the camera body its being used on) the contrast differences are what make it hard to determin which shot shows the overall level of performance of the lens

Funny...just today this column was published,and it's got sort of the opposite point of view, along with financial numbers and lens choices that are the opposite.

The Online Photographer: Letter to George

not sure if anyone read all 25 steps like i did... but i find it strangely fascinating how well this fellow seems to be following my progression through my camera/ picture taking cycle..

just purchased a t1i last november after owning a point and shoot...the fiance wanted a new camera after getting a point and shoot for chirstmas, so we got her a d90.... so NOW I want a nikon so we can share lenses and i like the way the nikon lay out is over the canon.. after reading this i kinda just want to get a d700 and a nice lens *since d3's are still a bit much for me*

So am I officially "BIF" now? Isn't that the meathead from back to the future?:lol:

Most reactions

Back