WHY?

I was not going to pull the trigger but the autofocus and image stabilization in the R5/R6 will enable me to get much much more out of my investment in glass. The AF can focus as low as F 16. The IS adds a few more stops to the already superb IS on three of my lenses. Another of my lenses has first gen IS so this is a big improvement and yet another has no IS at all... now it will, indirectly. Also, the low light performance appears incrementally better in these cameras.

Put it all together and either of these will enable shots that I am unable to get today with the glass I already have.

It is not, by the way, that they are mirrorless but the items I mentioned above.

Looking forward to seeing what a skilled shooter like you can wring out of the R5.i have become much more open to the idea of a mirrorless now that FF options have dropped significantly in price. I still greatly prefer the 24x36 capture size.

Okay, I'm old and set in my ways> AS grand daughter said "your cantankerous" What does that mean?
Anyway, I have no use for a mirrorless camera. I think quite a few hobbyists simply have a case of "photo gear-itis" . A modern DSLR has more capabilities then most can put into it. Kind of like golfers who swear a new club makes their game better. I say practice, learning, and imagination are your best bet. BTW, I have yet to find the "imagination" switch/button on any camera.

By all means, if you are hell bent for leather to buy a mirrorless than by all means do it. Ask yourself if it makes you a better shutterbug.

I'm saving up for a new 9 iron!
Get the image
The reason mirrorless makes me a better photographer is that I can lug the system around with no hassle. The DSLR is tough for a cantankerous old man like me.

I already have a Df. And an XPRO3. No doubt the XPRO3 renders some great colors.
You have a DSLR and mirrorless camera. I'm not sure I understand the point you're making by your initial post?
BTW, those are 2 camera's I'd like to own, but can't loosen the funds free. My little Fuji x100T is making me a better photog.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back