Wi-fi card for my Nikon 7000/5300

NancyMoranG

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi,
Some family will be in Italy this summer and are asking my advice on something that I know virtually nothing about!
They want to be careful backing up their photos and are wondering a good way to do that each day while traveling. They are wondering about a wifi card for their Nikon 5300

I have the 7000 and thought I would try it out and tell my experience. I also told them to join the Forum :)
So, thoughts on the card to buy...speed, type etc..and what would they back it up to while in Italy? Bring a hard drive? Or just a small laptop.?
Of course, they all have cell phone photos too...

If the cameras use SD cards, then a micro SD that can be swapped between camera and a tablet could be a way to back up. All the cameras i currently use are CF; i use a laptop and usb connection if i need to transfer the cards to free space.

Yeah don't waste money on the wifi card. Transfer by mounting card onto laptop/tablet,etc or through USB.

When I travel I have my laptop and also external SSD. Every night photos from the camera get transferred to both laptop and SSD. Laptop and SSD packed in different bags.

Most reactions

Back