Wich one should I buy?

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by alexxconca, Apr 27, 2017.

1. alexxconca

alexxconca TPF Noob!

Hi! I'm looking for a 35 mm camera for starting taking photos because I like the way the photos looks taken with a retro camera, and i feel it's more primal and hard to learn.
    I've been looking for some time now and I found those models:

1. Yashica electro 35 from 1971 with guarantee and bill
    2. Minolta X300 with TOKINA SZ-X 35-70mm lens
    3. Olympus OM 10 with 2 lens but i don't know the brand and the seller looks like will not respond anymore
    4. PENTAX SPOTMATIC
    5. YASHICA FX-3 SUPER 2000
    6. PENTAX ME SUPER

Give me your opinion please and your reasons, thank you all.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  2. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    The only thing different about actually taking pictures with a film camera vice a digital one is dealing with the recording medium. In a DSLR it's an [usually] SD Card; in an SLR it's a roll of film. Exposure, composition, etc are identical, and the controls are very similar. If anything, I would suggest that a modern DSLR with its multitude of menus and configurable options is considerably harder to learn. That said, if you want to get into shooting film, my recommendation would be for a Pentax K1000. A basic, fully manual, well built, and now very inexpensive body with a huge amount of excellent but not over-priced glass available.

3. chuasam

chuasam Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    NO, kids these days want to be all edgy and stuff.
    Notice all the cameras listed have metal bodies and look like the platonic idea of a vintage SLR.

I say none of the above. Get a Nikon FE or FM or FE2/FM2...you'll be able to use the lenses on a modern Nikon.

• Like Like x 1
  4. dxqcanada

dxqcanada Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    Hmm, none of those seem primal to me.

5. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit

5. YASHICA FX-3 SUPER 2000...only because I owned a Yashica FX0-3 in 1981...it's a simple,match-diode camera that was a competitor to the Nikon FM and the Pentax MX. AVOID the ME Super...too doggone many broken film winding issues with those.

If you want a GOOD, workable 35mm filmie, buy a more-modern Nikon,m lkike chuasam mentions, like the Nikon FM or FM-2, or even newer and AF, like a Nikon N90s from KEH.com.'

A LOT of older 35mm filmies are 35,40,45 years old now and are broken-down relics. SOME models were long-term reliable cameras.

I might look at a Minolta X700 as a decent, cheap 35mm SLR.