Wicklow Hills

OBrien

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Do any of these do anything for you? Taken the other evening, but am not sure about them. Sorry about size problems.
Thanks!

DSC_0096.jpg

heather.jpg

valley.jpg

beautiful shots of very pretty country.. must be Ireland? Only one small critique.. PS the telephone poles out of the 3rd one..

Love them all.. wish I was there to see this amazing country myself!

What do I see in the grasses near the shore in the first pic??

Thanks Raymond, well spotted on the telegraph poles, I hadn't even noticed their presence. The Lake is Lough Tay, and the area you see forms part of the Iveagh family (the owners of Guinness until recently), the sand was specially imported to make a beach. Though you don't see the effect in this photo as it was sucha bright day with a really blue sky, the waters are usually dark brown/black so that when you walk in the surrounding hills the lake actually resembles a huge pint of Guinness. I'll post an example sometime. Not sure what you're seeing in the grass - there are some stones right near the shore, further back there's a brownish patch which is just the natural peaty soil aound the area. There's a gazebo there too for the gentry to take shelter in as they walk the estate... I am lucky to live in the heart of such a beautiful area.

Wow.. these are really good. I like all three.

The first one doesn't do a whole lot for me....no real point of interest, although the grounds are lovely. I really like your composition on the second one. :thumbup: Very nice lines, and you have a good sky in there.

The third looks like it could use some creative darkroom work, burning in that sky, a little contrast - but I think it is really the prettiest view.

What an area! It's gorgeous. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back