Wild Animals in Belize

JohnX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am pretty new to the photography, entry level ... :D half year experience.
Any suggestions or comments are super welcomed....

The photos are cropped and processed by using Photoshop...

xiyi.jpg

red_yinwu_1.jpg

neo_img_whoknows.jpg

Mmmm......

My pictures are uploaded to my little forum, which is powered by PHPBB too. It is interesting that here will not accept my link using format:

download.php

I tried on my site, it works.......

At least that http link should work......

Well, I finally figure out a way... but a little bit painful.
Now you should be able to see the photos without clicking any link.

I wish the administrator can enable inlink function for img on all file extensions.......
So I can post with a php type link and don't have to dig into the files and find the right ones...

The one of the parrots is amazing even though the background is a little distracting because of its brightness. It looks as though they were having a conversation and politely stopped to pose for the camera!

I love the pictures, the way you did it, the only thing i would fix is the brightness on the parat picture but other than that amazing job.

You guys are correct!! After reviewing it, I do feel the background is too bright. I did not realize this while I was processing the picture in the PS.

When I took this picture, the two birds are above me, so I have to shoot them from the below, which initially caused the backgroud to be too bright. While I was processing the photo, I enhanced the contrast and the color, which of course made the background even more bright....

Now I will try to lower the background brightness....

Thanks for the good comments!!!!

Very nice shots! Number one is definatly my favorite.

Thanks guys! You know, these are the best ones I picked, for each subject I probably took like 5-10 shots to make sure at least I have one good. :wink:

What camera are you using?
I am using Canon Digital Rebel, 70-200 L f4 lens.

The lens is really awsome!! All the photos here are taken by this lens.

hey! For me you are not longer a newbie photographer! Those shots are awesome! I love the way you capture nature. But was it in the zoo??? I can see a part of a cage in 3rd...

The first one is really THE wild animal, took the shot on the shore of the old Belize River. The next twos are taken in the zoo.

Sorry for the confusion. I should name the topic better. I apologize for the misleading it may give.

I consider myself newbie is because I need to take 5 -10 shots for one subject to make sure I can get at least one satisfied photo. And most time the initial construction of the picture is not that great. And I think many times I don't exposure things correctly. And I need to PS a lot.... So lots of things for me to improve and lots of things are waiting for me to learn.

These are the best ones I picked, so .... :D

Next time, I will start posting some photos before/after Photoshop and let you guys give the comments.

Hey, to apologize the misleading here are another 2 REAL wild animals along the old Belize River: :D :D

crocodile_2.jpg

neo_img_monkey.jpg

Most reactions

Back