"Wild" animals?

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Several have shown lovely photos of deer or (a) mink or other wild animals from suprisingly up close (CANONCAN!), and I just can't beat those (not that I'd want to, only would I like to once take an equally good photo just for myself, if you see what I mean?).

All I can come up with today are these photos of wild-looking but definitely not wild animals that I saw in a pasture the other day.

Longhorns12.jpg

Digital photo (Canon Powershot A95)

Longhorns14.jpg

Digital photo (Canon Powershot A95)

Film_Lonhorns3.jpg

Film_scan from print (uncropped) (Canon EOS500N with Sigma lense 70-300mmm)

Film_Lonhorns2.jpg

Film_scan from print (uncropped) (Canon EOS500N with Sigma lense 70-300mmm)

Film_Longhorns1.jpg

Film_scan from film (uncropped) (Canon EOS500N with Sigma lense 70-300mmm)

I really enjoyed these shots. Never before have I seen shaggy cattle. They look like they're related to prehistoric bison. Thanks for sharing!

I like number 2 although if I had horns like that I'm not sure i'd scratch myself like that, I might injure myself.

Scurra, I put that one up (i.e. the one in which this cow is scratching herself with this enormous horn) to show you that wild as these creatues may look, they're all mothers and calves, and the mildest mannered possible. They might look like dangerous bulls, but no... :).

Thanks for the replies.
Do any of you specifically prefer the film photos (taken with my SLR, therefore more play with DOF possible) over the digital photos? Or would you say: digital's much sharper (didn't have to go through the scanning process!), therefore digital is the thing?

Nice job LaFoto! #4 rocks!!! and I really like the one where it is scratching itself, great captures!! I studied these for quite awhile and it could be my monitor but I could not see a diffence in sharpness between the scanned and the digital. : )

Most reactions

Back