Wild Turkey

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Taken at Myakka River State Park.
I see these guys once in awhile but they're always in the shadows where it's too dark for a decent shot. I finally spotted a couple out in an open field about 30 m away.
11142192-studio.jpg

11142209-studio.jpg

11142213-studio.jpg

11142218-studio.jpg

11142223-studio.jpg

11142230-studio.jpg

11142241-studio.jpg

Last edited:
well spotted, lucky its not near Christmas time........

we've got some around here but they're even uglier than these. they're all brown, no red or iridescent colored feathers. and not nearly as well fed.

Nice colours on them

Very nice! We have some in the reserve that come into the neighborhood, but I haven’t got them yet. One day I will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a reason many don't see them: they see you first! Their eyesight is probably their best defense.
You really got them in some nice light, Kirk and it shows their true coloring. Very nice.

Very nice! We have some in the reserve that come into the neighborhood, but I haven’t got them yet. One day I will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, Jeff. Hope you get some shots of them.

There is a reason many don't see them: they see you first! Their eyesight is probably their best defense.
You really got them in some nice light, Kirk and it shows their true coloring. Very nice.

Thanks, Dean, appreciate it. Yep, their eye sight is very good. They spotted me but didn't seem alarmed and they matched my steps toward them and wouldn't let me get any closer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back