Window shopping

I know not to use the OK hand signal, but nothing about the others!
You guys are so interesting, I have lived four miles outside of my little Kansas town of around 180 people my whole life! The farthest I've ever gone is just into Oklahoma. So I love hearing all the stories you all have!!!

Before I forget, it is a great photo!:)

I like the color photo better than the B&W.

color :)

You guys are so interesting, I have lived four miles outside of my little Kansas town of around 180 people my whole life! The farthest I've ever gone is just into Oklahoma. So I love hearing all the stories you all have!!!

Thanks!

It's a funny thing. Until I was 18, I thought I'd live my whole life in the same place. That didn't happen, of course, and I don't regret it, but I also understand that I miss out on things that one can experience by being stationary. I feel envious sometimes of people who have a strong sense of belonging to a community. So I bet you'd have some stories of your town and the people in it that would sound pretty darn interesting to me as well :)

Thanks!

It's a funny thing. Until I was 18, I thought I'd live my whole life in the same place. That didn't happen, of course, and I don't regret it, but I also understand that I miss out on things that one can experience by being stationary. I feel envious sometimes of people who have a strong sense of belonging to a community. So I bet you'd have some stories of your town and the people in it that would sound pretty darn interesting to me as well :)

I'm with limr on that one. I grew up in a small town in Nebraska - spent most of my youth dreaming about travel and exotic places, etc - well I was fortunate enough to get the opportunity to do that for a while.

And when it was all said and done I ended up back in the same small town I grew up in - and believe me I'd rather be here than anywhere else I have ever been.

I don't think I could go live in my small hometown. It's where I feel most secure, but I'm different enough that I wouldn't genuinely fit in there. :p

I like the black and white version. In the color version, that red wall on the left pulls my eye and diminishes the effectiveness of the color on the the mannequins.

IMO, the heads and faces of the window-shoppers are way too dark, burning out all the detail (which actually is there) and the reflection in the glass is too strong, reducing the impact of the suits inside.

Last edited:
Small towns are great!

I have this romantic notion of the traveller's life, and occasionally I wish that I'd gone down a less sedentary path in life. But in reality, routine soothes me and I belong with my roots deep in the ground. I'm not in my original hometown location, but I moved here when I was 17 and I can imagine I'll be here as a home base for the rest of my life.

I have this romantic notion of the traveller's life, and occasionally I wish that I'd gone down a less sedentary path in life. But in reality, routine soothes me and I belong with my roots deep in the ground. I'm not in my original hometown location, but I moved here when I was 17 and I can imagine I'll be here as a home base for the rest of my life.

Well in general I discovered that most airports look alike though some smell a lot worse than others. I found out that it never ceased to amaze me what people would actually think was edible. I discovered you have to get pretty far off the beaten path before you find someplace that doesn't have either a McDonalds or a Burger King.

The thing I guess that got me the most is that for the most part at least, no matter where you go people are basically the same. They have basically the same concerns, same general goals, most are just decent folks trying to get along in the world and look after their kids as best they can - sure there are some cultural differences here and there, different languages, different customs. But there are a lot of good folks out there and when you got down to it for the most part they really weren't all that different than the people I knew here.

In color better. great photo for Demotivators):1251:

Most reactions

Back