Windows 11

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Windows is bugging me to upgrade from 10 to 11. Anyone done it???? Did you have any problems with PS, LR or other software???? What about hardware.....graphics cards, memory, etc?????

Make sure you check that all your software, hardware, and drivers, are compatible / available, and they all get updated when you upgrade.

Its taken me over 10 years to get use to Windows 10.....

Windows is bugging me to upgrade from 10 to 11. Anyone done it???? Did you have any problems with PS, LR or other software???? What about hardware.....graphics cards, memory, etc?????
Hell no, I've got the TPM turned off in my BIOS so that it doesn't install. But I do a bit of gaming, and there's issues with that and AMD CPUs. Once that's fixed I'll have a look.

If you are using Intel and Nvidia it should be ok, and we'll all need to upgrade eventually. But I'll be having a close look at how to turn off the telemerty and invasive parts. Been using O&O shutup for windows 10 (as well as manually disabiling a lot of settings) but it buggs me that they won't just issue a clean OS. Unfortunately, there's not really a viable alternative on the market.

After 30 years in IT I always wait until after at least the first round of patches and bug fixes before a major upgrade.

@weepete My GeForce driver just updated after this last Adobe upgrade, so I should be okay there, and thr computer isn't that old so the hardware should be compatible. Unfortunately whenever there's a version upgrade to Windows you invariably find gremlins.

I updated to Windows 11 Pro and have had no issues with LR Photoshop or Topaz :)

I won't put it on my desktop but I've toyed with putting it on my laptop (well above specs). However I've got Photochop set up the way I want it and don't want to risk screwing it up (it's running on my desktop on but still can't get all my plug ins set up)

I won't put it on my desktop but I've toyed with putting it on my laptop (well above specs). However I've got Photochop set up the way I want it and don't want to risk screwing it up (it's running on my desktop on but still can't get all my plug ins set up)
I have it and Photoshop - Lightroom and Topaz De Noise plug ins all work 100%

I have it on both my desktop (pro) and laptop (home), and they run just fine. None of my photo apps (nor Fallout 4 and Skyrim AE) have been negatively impacted.

Most reactions

Back