Winter Formals

Blissful55

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Was asked to take these winter formal pictures for my cousin and always looking to improve. Would love some constructive feedback on these shots. First time shooting some very silly, awkward teenagers. :/

Attachments

• 6-s.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 142
  • 4-s.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 141
  • 1-s.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 128
Is it possible to get girl in red dress to stand straight. Pictures generally okay but I like to see more playfulness

The first thing that strikes me is that the eyes seem wayyyyyyyy over-processed. Sort of like you use PortraitPro or similar and just left it in 'auto'. I would dial that wayyyyyyyyyyy back! I can't pull an EXIF data off of these, so I'm not sure what you've used for body, lens, or settings, but the skin seems to have an 'interesting' appearance, and they're all soft; ranging from mild to severe.

The first thing that strikes me is that the eyes seem wayyyyyyyy over-processed. Sort of like you use PortraitPro or similar and just left it in 'auto'. I would dial that wayyyyyyyyyyy back! I can't pull an EXIF data off of these, so I'm not sure what you've used for body, lens, or settings, but the skin seems to have an 'interesting' appearance, and they're all soft; ranging from mild to severe.

Thank you for the feedback. I did use a process on the eyes, not quite auto though. The girl in the blue dress has exceptionally blue eyes that are even more enhanced by the blue dress. They came out shockingly blue straight from camera. I used a Nikon 5200 with a 50mm lens. I'm curious about the skin though. Can you elaborate more? Also, I did notice that they appear to be severely softer when uploaded than looking at them in photoshop.

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Yikes! You're right. I saw them on my phone originally..but now on my computer..HolyEyeProcessed JEEZE

Most reactions

Back