Witch Of The Forest

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
After raining all morning, the sun peaked through giving me some really beautiful golden light. Took the opportunity to finish up my Halloween set with granddaughter. Three of the favorites from the set. All ambient light with a large white reflector for fill. C&C appreciated

no-image-available-grid.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

Last edited:
That 2nd shot is your winner. The first one is cute but looks soft on my desktop monitor. 3rd shot is adorable but the eye contact in #2 pulls it way above the others for me. Nice work all around pops.

Great shots, nothing that I would critique. Did you get some shots that weren't as close-in?

#2 is just too sweet!

Thanks Dean, that was one of my favorites as well

That 2nd shot is your winner. The first one is cute but looks soft on my desktop monitor. 3rd shot is adorable but the eye contact in #2 pulls it way above the others for me. Nice work all around pops.

Thank you Peg. Yeah the first one bums me a little because it is softer than I would have liked. I was having to keep up with her, and the voice activated reflector (who doesn't take directions well :allteeth:), while trying to keep the ISO down. After that first one I upped the ISO to 800 on the rest to get my shutter up where it needed to be.

Great shots, nothing that I would critique. Did you get some shots that weren't as close-in?

Thank you Dan. I did all of the full length in the studio last week. This was an after thought of sorts and while they are cropped tight, the intention was for closeups only to finish the set.

Nice follow up. All of them are adorable. Twist my arm, I'd go with #2 as well.

C&C as requested.

Too tight. Yes I read what you said but still, back up some. Shooting portraits in landscape is generally a nono UNLESS you are wanting to incorporate the surrounding elements as part of the story. #1 is out of focus, as mentioned above.

2&3 are nice and sharp.

Nice follow up. All of them are adorable. Twist my arm, I'd go with #2 as well.

Thank you. #2 seems to be drawing the most interest on social media as well.

@Trever1t Thanks for commenting. #1 as mentioned above was a miss on focus but I still liked the feel. She was spinning as I took it. Point noted on crop, but requirements for the final project dictated it be tight. I've started incorporating these little themed shoots into photo books. Seem to work better for parents and grandparents.

I like the tight crop. Are these 10x8? They'll fill a frame nicely.

How good is your granddaughter as a model, great stuff. Love the expression on her face in the third one.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

How good is your granddaughter as a model, great stuff. Love the expression on her face in the third one.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The expressiveness is part natural, part being the subject of many photos, from just born on, being in front of a camera (studio lights) is nothing new for her. I'm reminded of that difference when I shoot others her age. She has always been a happy child with a very advanced vocabulary. We forget sometimes she only just turned 3.

Most reactions

Back