With dreams in their eyes...

Two precious photographs Mansi. I think you touched their souls and gave them inspiration, if not photographically, but in kindness. I wish the best for them young people.

Also, the #2 photo... I can see you in her eyes... that's an image that is stored in her little mind she will always remember. 8 )

dang it...this is the problem of not clicking refresh every ten second here in the general gallary....nothing left to say :(

Mansi, I've told you before that I love to look at your pictures, and I could look at them all day! These are no exception...they are wonderful and I would recognize them as Mansi Originals even if you didn't have your name on them :)

Thanks for sharing, and keep posting...to hell with the guidelines!

Hey, Mansi, I have another cultural question (and now that I'm typing it, I think I may have already asked, but oh, well, I'm askin' again :D )

I thought that the dot on the forehead (what is the proper name, BTW?) was usually once you were married...is it just some people's custom to do it from an earlier age or am I understanding incorrectly? I know that there are some traditions in Judaism that women do only after they are married, but there are some sects of Jews who begin those traditions at a much earlier age.

Also, I believe that I was taught the dot is to signify that they are married, but I also see men with them...can you explain that more, too?

And, finally, I apologize again if I've already asked the question :)

Thanks.

hey jo.. no problemo.. ask away
ok... but im realllly bad at all of this! daniel/nidhi or someone else with an indian background on the forum could tell you better.
a dot on the forehead is called a bindi.. often used as fashion accessories... not nescessarily significant of your married status. The red streak between the hair parting(called 'sindoor') is the indian significant of a married woman.

A lot of indians pray to god every morning/festivals at the temple or home or whatever their place of worship is... so after they finish their prayer a dot of red/beige like paste is applied to the forehead man/woman or child.. it is meant to be a sort of a blessing..

phew you're really testing out my knowledge:p :mrgreen: but ask more... i'll answer all i can :blushing:

back on topic... thanks guys for all y our comments... very much appreciated :D :D

Mansi said:
hey jo.. no problemo.. ask away
ok... but im realllly bad at all of this! daniel/nidhi or someone else with an indian background on the forum could tell you better.
a dot on the forehead is called a bindi.. often used as fashion accessories... not nescessarily significant of your married status. The red streak between the hair parting(called 'sindoor') is the indian significant of a married woman.

A lot of indians pray to god every morning/festivals at the temple or home or whatever their place of worship is... so after they finish their prayer a dot of red/beige like paste is applied to the forehead man/woman or child.. it is meant to be a sort of a blessing..

phew you're really testing out my knowledge:p :mrgreen: but ask more... i'll answer all i can :blushing:

back on topic... thanks guys for all y our comments... very much appreciated :D :D

Thanks, Mansi...you know you can always make things up...I'd never know the difference :lmao:

lol you wouldnt ...
some more...
the girl in the first pic has the dot probably after a prayer/visit to the temple
the girl in the second pic probably has the black dot to ward off the evil eye... so maybe her mom puts it on for her every morning

phooooew

Brilliant as always Mansi. Im always amazed at your images, and how you present them.
Two more for the book.:D

:lol: thanks chiller but there is NO book :mrgreen:
not for a long long long while... no substantial work and no context in the pics...
still got a long way to go before i can do one of those :)

simply amazing shots! i couldn't think of something wrong with them if i tried! :thumbup::thumbup:

thanks a lot guys :)

Most reactions

Back