Wondering if this comment bothers any of you or if I'm just a baby

Nokili,

I know many who fall into the "I am better than you catergory" they run rampant in the world across many hobbies, careers, and what have you. I suggest you do as I do and see them for what they are worth... Entertainment pure and simple. If you know they are way off mark the only sane thing to do is to be entertained by them. ;)

And above, I am not saying you should not take good information from the good people of this forum. Just saying that the final judge is you when it come to your own artistic expression. Take what you can learn from here and apply it to future works. Just don't let anything box you in.

I hear you on the note about inflection. That is why I never communicate at work via voicemail. ;) Carefully worded emails all the way. Heh heh.

Ha! Inflection can be an evil thing...and I totally understand about assuming..like you said in the last post...if you knew me in real life you would know that I am so nice that I would never be mean to anyone lol..the anonymity of the internet gives me a place to vent...

Thanks for the view :)

WTD95.jpg

lol
Good one.

Hey all

Haven’t Posted in a while, just been busy on another non photo related project. Anyway, I have been taking photos here and there, and learning a WHOLE lot on the way.

But enough of my babbling, does anyone ever tell you when you show them your pictures “Your camera is so nice!”

At first, it didn’t bother me…but as this person kept saying it, over and over every time we looked at any of my photos, I started to get annoyed.

This isn’t just a point and shoot, where I just take a picture of something and it’s done, most of my photos I plan how and when to take them, research about others who have taken similar ones and read, read, read. So I find it a truly back handed compliment to say “Your camera is so nice” why don't you just say what you are thinking "Anyone can take a photo like that with your camera."

I mean, I know I am being a whiny baby cry but does everyone just think that we just run around in Auto mode and pull pictures from our butts?

Sorry. I am most likely overreacting..I feel better now.

~Ash

It gets annoying quickly. I do like the compliment's as far as--"Oh, Youve got a nice camera!"... "Yes, i know it *IS* a nice camera, thank you"

But when people come off and comment about how the camera is the one that does all of the work taking the *nice photos*...and they want one too so they can take photos like mine. i just wanna say B*tch Please!
haha...or when theyre roaming through your pictures online, and SAVE your work to their computer.. and PRINT them and hang them in their house.. haha, But thats a whole other ball game.
I wouldnt let it get your underwear all up in a knot though... :lol: Just take it as a compliment and move on.

Hey at least its better than what artists get - sitting there covered in paint/medium of their choice and working over their art someone comes up behind and says:

"Wow that's great! Did you draw/paint/etc.. this?"

;)

Most reactions

Back