woooo hoooo !!!!!!!!

Somebody's drinking tonight.
Cheers!

lol

oh sorry... forget to mention what all the excitement was about....

just finished filing my taxes...

it's confirmed..

asia and i will enter the digital world in 2 weeks.

Good you can buy all my equipment.
It's all brand new.
I'm going D4 already pre ordered.

By the way, I'll drink to that.

Good you can buy all my equipment.
It's all brand new.
I'm going D4 already pre ordered.

By the way, I'll drink to that.

i already know your package is out of my budget !

i'm looking at canon bodies with battery & charger.. about 250 each.

i'm finding bodies for 200, but mostly with no charger or battery.

i would prefer to get both bodies with battery & charger for 5. our lenses and flashes will migrate.

Cheers!

lol

this is celebratory news.. i SHOULD pour myself a nice glass of rum!

they'll be used bodies. and they'll be canons.. but.. they'll be digital !!!!!

I was bouncing off the walls when I found out I was getting mine! Money hasn't come in yet. So next week :)

Are you keeping your film cameras or selling them?

Used is fine. Often the best way to buy. A 'pro' body a generation or two old will still usually be better than a new consumer/entry level body.

LOL, I'm spending my refund on film. (It's not a very big refund - I try to break even every year.)

Right before the big camera makers release the next big thing, a lot of good used gear turns up in actual camera stores.This stuff is often sold on consignment by "motivated" sellers. THIS IS ONE of those times, right now!!!! And will be for the next six to eight months!!! I went to my local pro shop this week, and the Canon and NIkon cases were chock FULL of good, clean used Canon bodies, Canon lenses, Nikon bodies and lenses, and some other fine,fine accessories. They had T1i, 5D, 40D,50D,and 1D-III bodies, and loads of good Nikon stuff too. LOTS of used Canon lenses, from top-level pro to consumer, as well as mid-line stuff also. And a pretty good smattering of Pentax M42 AND K-mount lenses as well.

Cheers!

lol

I was bouncing off the walls when I found out I was getting mine! Money hasn't come in yet. So next week :)

definitly keeping the film bodies.

we still have film, so we'll still shoot film. and remember, she'll need it for school.

plus we have all the chemicals and what not for developing.

this has been the plan along. buy film. make sure we are gonna learn it. then switch to digital in february.

have you decided what you are getting?

definitly keeping the film bodies.

we still have film, so we'll still shoot film. and remember, she'll need it for school.

plus we have all the chemicals and what not for developing.

this has been the plan along. buy film. make sure we are gonna learn it. then switch to digital in february.

have you decided what you are getting?

Yep. Nikon D3100.

Used is fine. Often the best way to buy. A 'pro' body a generation or two old will still usually be better than a new consumer/entry level body.

LOL, I'm spending my refund on film. (It's not a very big refund - I try to break even every year.)

thats what i would hope for... but i dont seem to be finding deals that great yet on ebay nor craigslist.

i'm still not sure which models are pro and which are entry level.

but i'm finding 250 with charger & battery in bodies like Rebel xt's and 350d's etc...

i'll pay closer attention when money is here. anything i look at today, is going to be gone by then anyway.

my biggest worry is buying something too old, with a lot of exposures, that dies a week later.

Right before the big camera makers release the next big thing, a lot of good used gear turns up in actual camera stores.This stuff is often sold on consignment by "motivated" sellers. THIS IS ONE of those times, right now!!!! And will be for the next six to eight months!!! I went to my local pro shop this week, and the Canon and NIkon cases were chock FULL of good, clean used Canon bodies, Canon lenses, Nikon bodies and lenses, and some other fine,fine accessories. They had T1i, 5D, 40D,50D,and 1D-III bodies, and loads of good Nikon stuff too. LOTS of used Canon lenses, from top-level pro to consumer, as well as mid-line stuff also. And a pretty good smattering of Pentax M42 AND K-mount lenses as well.

we have a few local camera stores.. i never thought about looking for used in a local store.

when i think used, i think ebay and craigslist...

hmmmmm

i'm still not sure which models are pro and which are entry level.
I'm going to assume that you're looking for a Canon so you can share lenses between digital and film.

The fewer digits there are in the model number, the 'more pro'. Example: 5D > 50D > 500D.

Higher model numbers with the same number of digits are basically just different generations. Ex- (old) 300D -> 350D -> 400D -> 450D -> 500D (new)...

Most reactions

Back