What's new

works of the fire type.

matt62485

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 20, 2009
Messages
553
Reaction score
7
Location
Wilmington, NC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
first attempt at these, I'l have more coming. timing was difficult to judge. by the time i started getting a good hang of it, they were over lol. heres a few for now, i'll post more later. feel free to C&C. 3rd shot is my favorite so far.
wierd sparkler things, caused hotspots, but whatever, had the red/white/blue.

1.

7507862954_5ceb534016_b.jpg



2.

7507862266_2cfb440777_b.jpg


3.

7507861642_c21da81298_b.jpg
 
I like the last two. Yours are better than mine; looks like you got the hang of it just fine. Were you using a tripod, I assume?

I hadn't even bothered reading any of the "how to photograph fireworks" threads because I had absolutely NO intentions of going to our fireworks show, due to the fact that I absolutely DETEST crowds of that size. But as it happened, as I was driving home last night, I got to the bridge I use just as the fireworks were starting over at World's Fair Park. IF I'd planned it out, I would have had a great view of the fireworks and the river and some of the downtown area. As it was, there were already cars lining the length of the bridge, so I went on across the bridge than stopped (so I could also be FIRST to leave instead of last, lol!). Got out, grabbed the camera, used the car rooftop as a tripod, and shot, not having a clue what I was doing. Had a great view of the fireworks, but not of the ground or river.

Mine are not worth posting; I might put them on Flickr or FB but that's about it.
 
yea im not overly fond of the first one, i like the way they lit up the foreground though. and yes, i used my tripod and wired shutter release. i read for about 5 minutes on best methods and went from there. using f11 or 16, bulb, tripod, black card (which i lost and used my wallet lol) and the shutter release, held it and played with it some til i got what appeared to be decent shots on my camera screen.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom