Would you post something like this craigslist ad?

I don't think we should be so "snooty" where photography is concerned. We pay for it like any other service. If you want a good job done, find one that comes recommended. If you're not able to do that, view their work prior and decide if it's what you'd be happy paying the price for.

Everyone has the right to advertise, regardless of level. What the "other guy" thinks couldn't be further from relevant.

Actually she is charging $100 an hour which is a pretty good rate for an inexperienced photog. I never looked on craigs list, so I left here and took a peek for my area. And within a week of ads I found over 10 ads from the beginner with similar prices to the one listed above. To some very accomplished pro's that use the craigs list to link to their very well done web sites. I was quite impressed with a couple of the people advertising. There was one who I considered charged a premium for their service who even advertised.

You never know a year on Craigs List may give you more leads than a year in the yellow pages. And no doubt will be much cheaper too. You wont find any no cost is too high clients using craigs list. But at that pricing level its mostly word of mouth anyway.

You have to remember, people are worried about the economy. I would bet you will see more and more lower priced weding adverts of this type (ceremony only).

My issue with that add wasn't the wording or price, but the crappy out of focus examples that were posted.

I was just at CL for my city, looking for some equipment and saw 3 ads offering FREE photography for your events. Free. FFS!

I was just at CL for my city, looking for some equipment and saw 3 ads offering FREE photography for your events. Free. FFS!
Well I dare say those will probably suck the big wazoo. If they think doing freebies will get them recognition and, the ability to get great prices later, they are deluded.

What is better than those adds are the ones wanting thousands of dollars in services and only willing to pay $50.

"I know the pay is not much but you will also be allowed to use the photos in your portfolio" HA! :lol: WTF!

Props to anyone showing some hustle. No one is being ripped off, he or she is quite upfront about the level of experience.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back