Wow, Just Wow!

Phew now there is an experience!
I've know people (macro shooters mostly) who have had insects issue challenges at their reflection in the lens, I wonder if this might not have at first lead this one to some confusion - seeing her reflection in the lens as another seal? But then the overall shape is still very wrong so who knows.

Maybe she lost a pup this season - I recall seeing a short bit on a lioness who (After losing cubs I think) was caring for antelope young. Certainily the idea of natural predators simply being hunt and kill machines is very far from the truth.

Wow, just wow indeed! That is an AMAZING story,and the photos really help to show the animal's efforts to feed him...I am in awe. I'm gonna' watch that again and again.

thank you for sharing. I heard his interview on NPR last night, and I thought I would love to see that, I didn't know this video existed. Really, really great. Now there's a guy who will have some stories to tell on his death bed...

DREAM COME TRUE he is a lucky ba#$#$%D

Arguably luck has nothing to do with it. I think it is based on skill more then anything.

Love & Bass

Skill in diving and working with a camera as well as understanding his subject well enough to get that close - but darn luck that he picked the right seal who was willing to try and feed him rather than feed on him (for reasons probably only she will ever know)

What an incredible experience! I've been to Antarctica, and we're warned about the leopard seals because they've been known to nip the expedition leaders holding the zodiacs for us out in hip/chest deep waters. And as he said, that was one BIG leopard seal. I'm just in awe of the story and shots. Thanks for posting this!!

That is a spectacular story! It's amazing how flexible he has to be. Proficient in photography skills, in diving skills, and his knowledge of the creatures that live there. It's all these varying experiences that bring man closer to nature. Thanks for sharing this story :).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back