WTF DID I do (or what happened) to Lightroom??????

tirediron

Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Used it yesterday, everything was normal... today, went to process a fresh batch of images (unaware of any updates, or having changed any settings and for some reason when I select the local adjustment brush, I no longer get the 'Done' button to take me out of the local adjust mode, and I no longer see the 'targets' that show me where I've made local adjustments. I assume this is something that I've somehow turned off/on, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out...

Hmmm . . . must be the metric version of LR. I get both, and have no idea how to turn them off/on. I'll poke around.

Edit: I found a "Restore Local Adjustments Presets" under the Presets tab, Preferences, but I have no idea if that will fix anything.

I see settings for tool overlay (auto, always, never) but that doesn't appear to change the target or the "Done" button. As far as the target, is it possible yo have it sized to one pixel? YThat pretty much makes it disappear.

Last edited:
In the bottom left there are options to show the edit points. Have you tried playing with that? The options are : slelected, never, and always

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

In the bottom left there are options to show the edit points. Have you tried playing with that? The options are : slelected, never, and always

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Not seeing that Paige - bottom left, where?

Under the edit window: Edit Pins (with drop down) ... Show Selected Mask Overlay . . . (Missing) Done

Okay... edit points are back... I see now that there's a little "Reset" and "Close" bar under the actual slider pain... is this an update change? I don't remember those before.

I don't think I've ever used that feature, so I don't know. I had updates on Friday, I think.

John as far as I remember it's been that way with the CC version for at least a few months. I usually just hit the adjustment icon at the top right to accept what I've done.

John as far as I remember it's been that way with the CC version for at least a few months. I usually just hit the adjustment icon at the top right to accept what I've done.
I guess it could have been the last update that I finally got around doing a couple of days ago, but I was CERTAIN it was "normal" after that... Huh...

Odd - I have the button - LR Classic CC release 7.4, Adobe says it's up to date.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back