WTF Flicker

See I was lazy - I just searched* and found the start menu folder in the windows folder (yes its still in there) and then simply put a shortcut to that on the main desktop (right above the start button). What's really stupid is that windows still put all their little software helpers in there like Calculator and Paint and yet once they took away the start menu you lost all ability to actually get to those programs unless you knew they were there already (or knew to search for them).

*I wanted a few notepads and Calculator open at the same time - so heck I wasn't going to fiddle with that stupid calculator "app" so I just searched - found it - and then found its source folder - the delightful Start Folder!

£%"!%"£^"^"&^£&~{@"^:"~@^!!¬!¬¬! They took out Minesweeper! Seriously its not there! :(

Apparently if you want that you've got to get it on the "games app" thing and I'm not touching that (esp as all those "app" things want to tie my whole computer to a single email thing).

£%"!%"£^"^"&^£&~{@"^:"~@^!!¬!¬¬! They took out Minesweeper! Seriously its not there! :(

Apparently if you want that you've got to get it on the "games app" thing and I'm not touching that (esp as all those "app" things want to tie my whole computer to a single email thing).
:biglaugh:

:lmao:

I believe what my pop told me if it ain't broke don't fix it but that crap went out the window on windows 8. I felt It was broke out of the box so I tweaked the crap out of until it looked like windows 7 and almost works like it.:mrgreen: After stripping it naked from all the bloat. These are the wife and kids machines. I have a MacBook Pro for my self and it smokes all the windows systems especially the Display and it's not retina either.

Coming from the DOS days through all the rocky roads of Microsoft and a big fan of XP and windows 7, I still don't think I will ever go back to windows on a full time bases.

Last edited:
I believe what my pop told me if it ain't broke don't fix it but that crap went out the window on windows 8. I felt It was broke out of the box so I tweaked the crap out of until it looked like windows 7 and almost works like it.:mrgreen: After stripping it naked from all the bloat. These are the wife and kids machines. I have a MacBook Pro for my self and it smokes all the windows systems especially the Display and it's not retina either.

Coming from the DOS days through all the rocky roads of Microsoft and a big fan of XP and windows 7, I still don't think I will ever go back to windows on a full time bases.

It's weird and I wonder if it means we are either left brained or right brained. Wifey has an IMAC and I think it sucks. Much of it is because it's not mine, I have not been willing to tinker enough to get used to it.

However, I have had no complaints with W7 or W8, particularly because they have been very stable.

I have also enjoyed my ipad, but the first chance I get, I will jump on a windows or droid tablet.

I thought Wifey would enjoy having the Iphone since she had the Imac. Wrong, she is jealous of my Note II.

Damn these gadgets!

Someone mentioned Win 8!?

I have to use this chance to say that I hate Windows 8! I hate I hate I hate I hate I hate....!!!!!!!!!!

I rarely hate something but I really hate Windows 8!

I feel better now.

Thanks!

I find ibrand tech to be generally good but with an interface that is very automatic and simple. IT's a trend passing through PCs and other things where the machine does the thinking and the user is only using very limited resources. It's fine for casual users; but for anyone who wants to use advanced features its a nightmare because they've been hidden (so casual users don't use them by accident!).

It's like opening up photoshop and having "auto correct" in big neon shiny letters in a big easy to see box - and then all the other controls being hidden behind 5 or 6 menu options in obscure places (and sometimes requiring you to "unhide" them first)

Someone mentioned Win 8!?

I have to use this chance to say that I hate Windows 8! I hate I hate I hate I hate I hate....!!!!!!!!!!

I rarely hate something but I really hate Windows 8!

I feel better now.

Thanks!

I detest Win8. Hate it is not nearly a strong descriptor. Loathe it. It repulses me. Windows 8 is a tool of the devil. :lmao:

No, seriously, I hate it with the very fiber of my being. It is the Dumb And Dumber of the OS world; the Butthead to flickr's Beavis.

Win8 is just SO stupid. If I had WANTED a Windows smartphone, Microsoft, I would have just bought a frickin' Windows phone. But I didn't. I bought a desktop computer. And you know why I bought a desktop, Microsoft? Because I have WORK to do. Photos to process, stories to write, newsletters and brochures and transit sort of things to design and create. Excel spreadsheets to use. And yet, I have to flip through FOUR solid screens of social media icons, quick internet links and other mindless, brainsucking web drivel before you will show me even ONE of my actual programs to do WORK with?
I just hate that interface so very, very much. I would live with the new, awfulized flickr if I could JUST have my Windows 7 or XP back again.

There. Now *I* feel better, too. Except that I still have to go home tonight and work on that godawful Win8 computer. It may yet make me move to a Mac at home.

Delete or uninstall all the useless apps and organize the goofy icons to your liking :) (If you are allowed to)

Or just click that little desktop goofy icon or the little window thingy in the bottom left corner. Then fill up the desktop with normal people icons like the old days.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, I can imagine how crazy I would be if I had a touchscreen monitor. I HATE when people put fingers on monitors :banghead: well mostly just my monitor ;)

Your embeding options also dont save like they used to. So where I could embed a photo here with two clicks: 1. press the share icon. 2. copy the code. It now takes me 4: 1. press share icon. 2. press pin icon 3. select size 4. copy code.
Yeah, I wish they would have at least kept THAT.

I detest Win8. Hate it is not nearly a strong descriptor. Loathe it. It repulses me. Windows 8 is a tool of the devil. :lmao:

No, seriously, I hate it with the very fiber of my being. It is the Dumb And Dumber of the OS world; the Butthead to flickr's Beavis.

Win8 is just SO stupid. If I had WANTED a Windows smartphone, Microsoft, I would have just bought a frickin' Windows phone. But I didn't. I bought a desktop computer. And you know why I bought a desktop, Microsoft? Because I have WORK to do. Photos to process, stories to write, newsletters and brochures and transit sort of things to design and create. Excel spreadsheets to use. And yet, I have to flip through FOUR solid screens of social media icons, quick internet links and other mindless, brainsucking web drivel before you will show me even ONE of my actual programs to do WORK with?
I just hate that interface so very, very much. I would live with the new, awfulized flickr if I could JUST have my Windows 7 or XP back again.

There. Now *I* feel better, too. Except that I still have to go home tonight and work on that godawful Win8 computer. It may yet make me move to a Mac at home.

Wise words you're saying!

Completely with you! :hug::

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, I can imagine how crazy I would be if I had a touchscreen monitor. I HATE when people put fingers on monitors :banghead: well mostly just my monitor ;)
I have a touchscreen. I almost never touch it though, lol. I hate having fingerprints all over it.

It HAS proven to be a useful thing to have though. Computer locked up once or twice, keyboard and mouse were unresponsive - but I was still able to use the touchscreen to restart it and/or open the task manager and kill whatever process was making it lock up.

I have a touchscreen. I almost never touch it though, lol. I hate having fingerprints all over it.

It HAS proven to be a useful thing to have though. Computer locked up once or twice, keyboard and mouse were unresponsive - but I was still able to use the touchscreen to restart it and/or open the task manager and kill whatever process was making it lock up.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, see I never thought about it like that. Hmmmmmm?????

is it broken for anyone else right now?

(when you view an individual image)

Most reactions

Back