Yahoo CEO: " ...there is no such thing really as professional photographers"

Majeed Badizadegan

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yahoo! Event | Watch the video - Yahoo! Screen

Go to 46:12 to see it for yourself; she speaks fast and mumbles a bit.

" ... was a decision that we would not have the Flickr Pro piece anymore, and that all - there's no such thing as Flickr Pro, because today, with cameras as pervasive as they are, there is no such thing really as professional photographers, when there's everything is professional photographers. Certainly there is varying levels of skills, but we didn't want to have a Flickr Pro anymore, we wanted everyone to have professional quality photos, space, and sharing."

The move to offer everyone 1TB free is awesome.

The jab to professional photographers shows a worrisome disconnect between flickR and their understanding of the photographic industry. She implies that because of the sheer number of cameras, nobody is a professional anymore. Pretty stupid.

That's like saying "with basketball hoops and basketballs as pervasive as they are, there's really no such thing as a professional basketball player anymore."

I don't know anything about this new Yahoo CEO, but that is a pretty ignorant statement to make.

Last edited:
Chalk it up to corporate disconnect. $5 says he doesn't even know what flickr is or does, he just sees an assest to be bought and sold.

Their streaming is currently not working...

Time to quit using Flickr! ;)

Chalk it up to corporate disconnect. $5 says he doesn't even know what flickr is or does, he just sees an assest to be bought and sold.

Dude looks like a lady!

So much in fact, "he" took office while pregnant.

flickr's interest in pandering to professional photographer is.. zero. Why on earth would they give a crap what some tiny group of non-customers would think?

Yahoo! Event | Watch the video - Yahoo! Screen

Go to 46:12 to see it for yourself; she speaks fast and mumbles a bit.

" ... was a decision that we would not have the Flickr Pro piece anymore, and that all - there's no such thing as Flickr Pro, because today, with cameras as pervasive as they are, there is no such thing really as professional photographers, when there's everything is professional photographers. Certainly there is varying levels of skills, but we didn't want to have a Flickr Pro anymore, we wanted everyone to have professional quality photos, space, and sharing."

The move to offer everyone 1TB free is awesome.

The jab to professional photographers shows a worrisome disconnect between flickR and their understanding of the photographic industry. She implies that because of the sheer number of cameras, nobody is a professional anymore. Pretty stupid.

That's like saying "with basketball hoops and basketballs as pervasive as they are, there's really no such thing as a professional basketball player anymore."

I don't know anything about this new Yahoo CEO, but that is a pretty ignorant statement to make.

Write her a little memo rotanimod and let her know how you feel about that.

He is a she.

I *just* renewed my subscription. Anybody know if they're giving money back? Because I'm *ticked*. I paid $50 for 2 years.

Why on earth would they give a crap what some tiny group of non-customers would think?

as much as I hate agreeing with amolitor...generally...lolol. This is pretty much dead on balls accurate. Rant and rave all ya want...but fact is that they won't care.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back