What's new

Yale Campus (11 pics)

Ice

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 7, 2006
Messages
80
Reaction score
3
Location
Home: Missouri College: New Haven, CT
Here's some pics of Yale's Campus. I only got around to doing a small precentage of it a couple of days ago. I know that I am not the photographer to do the campus justice, but let me know what you think/would like to see improve/general comments/what you hate/yes i am looking for feedback! lol

1
windowbw.jpg


2
Phelps.jpg


3
IM000253.jpg


4
IM000250.jpg


5
IM000246bw.jpg


6
Harkness.jpg


7
DwightBW.jpg


8
Door.jpg


9
bw.jpg


10
this isnt Yale
EastRockRoadBW.jpg
 
11 and 7 are identical. Was it taken while you drove along that road? Looks as if.

I wonder why some are a bit soft (mostly so the b+w's) and others are so crisp? My absolute favourite is Photo 3. 4 follows suit, and 10 is the same archway, right? But 10 is so soft compared to the other two. Why???? :scratch:
 
I feel like some of the black and white could use some more contrast? But then again, Im not exactly a professional. Try playing around with the contrast and see what happens.
 
Lafoto, sorry about the repeat. All of the arches are different. There are so many entries like that here. I feel like there are a lot of mistakes in these photos so maybe when I get time I will reshoot some of them. Thanks for the feedback guys.
 
Hi, Ice! The images themselves are nice, but I would agree most appear a little on the soft side. Looks like a beautiful campus. What great old archtecture. Since I don't know what your settings were for these, I'll just toss this out: you might try shooting some of these at a higher ISO, and you might also try to shut down that aperture a bit (higher number) for a longer depth of field when shooting through the arches. Keep some notes and figure out what works best. :)

You have eye candy all over that place - great area for wandering about, with camera in hand. :thumbup:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom