What's new

(yawn) Nikon's new products announcement

D400 you mean. ;)

:thumbsup:
Mark
 
Didn't Japan have a bit of a disaster a while back, don't you think new cameras are the last thing on their mind
 
Didn't Japan have a bit of a disaster a while back, don't you think new cameras are the last thing on their mind

Well, cameras are on their minds. They designed and rolled these new babies out instead of something else.
 
I yawned because I'm looking for the D700 replacement
bigthumb.gif

It seems like a neat camera, but I think a lot of people here on the forums are more interested in DSLRs generally... so it's not going to appeal to us too much. I, too, am waiting a D700 replacement... and NOT a D700S. I want a D800.

So yeah...

zzz...
 
You guys must all be mad though!!

Supposedly mirrorless is taking over and we are all going to want mirrorless cameras soon, no one wants a DSLR anymore supposedly!!!! We want tiny cameras with tiny buttons that are too light to hold steady... ARGHHH I hate the media so so much!

All I can say is I like compac mirrorless cameras that you can have with you at all times, will I stop loving my DSLR though due to mirrorless.. No I won't. And I don't want to replace my beautiful workmans tool of a DSLR with a mirrorless camera, thanks very much.
 
I said this in the last whining 'Nikon didn't release what I want' thread.

Nikon has no reason to. D700's are still flying off the shelves and backordered. D3s/D3x are still back ordered. What reason could Nikon possibly have to introduce a new camera when they can't even keep their old, outdated, cameras in stock?

When they catch up with all the people who are buying their outdated stuff, they'll introduce something new. This market isn't like the P&S crowd who are going to switch cameras every 2 years and don't care what brand they have. Most of us have thousands invested in manufacturer specific gear, and we're not going anywhere. Nikon knows it. Canon does too.

For now, I'll just have to keep shooting with my POS D700.
 
I said this in the last whining 'Nikon didn't release what I want' thread.

Nikon has no reason to. D700's are still flying off the shelves and backordered. D3s/D3x are still back ordered. What reason could Nikon possibly have to introduce a new camera when they can't even keep their old, outdated, cameras in stock?

When they catch up with all the people who are buying their outdated stuff, they'll introduce something new. This market isn't like the P&S crowd who are going to switch cameras every 2 years and don't care what brand they have. Most of us have thousands invested in manufacturer specific gear, and we're not going anywhere. Nikon knows it. Canon does too.

For now, I'll just have to keep shooting with my POS D700.

I can't even offer debate to you. However, I still hope the D700 replacement comes out soon so I either get a new cam or (preferably maybe) one of you will sell me your POS D700 on the very cheap
bigthumb.gif
 
I said this in the last whining 'Nikon didn't release what I want' thread.

Nikon has no reason to. D700's are still flying off the shelves and backordered. D3s/D3x are still back ordered. What reason could Nikon possibly have to introduce a new camera when they can't even keep their old, outdated, cameras in stock?

When they catch up with all the people who are buying their outdated stuff, they'll introduce something new. This market isn't like the P&S crowd who are going to switch cameras every 2 years and don't care what brand they have. Most of us have thousands invested in manufacturer specific gear, and we're not going anywhere. Nikon knows it. Canon does too.

For now, I'll just have to keep shooting with my POS D700.

And you know the exact inner workings of Nikon's current strategy how?
 
Just checked Adorama. The D700 is selling for $2699 and is back ordered with no expected delivery from the manufacturer. The day before the earthquake, I think they were around $2399 and in stock.

I think Nikon's original plan was to have already released at least one of the big three...the D400/D800/D4. Because they haven't been able to, I think it has probably pushed them back an entire year. I still think we will see a D4 before the 2012 Olympics, but I doubt it will be readily available except to the Pro's shooting there.

My theory, D400 announced and available in time for Christmas shopping. They skip the D800 and release the D4 right before the Olympics(or possibly the Superbowl), and the D800 comes out when D4 sales start to fall off. It's a bit backwards, but from a marketing/maximizing sales potential perspective, it just seems to make the most sense to me.

I guess we will see how it all plays out.
 
That was the order for the D300/D3/D700 if I remember correctly...
 
And you know the exact inner workings of Nikon's current strategy how?

Never said I did...I just ventured my opionion...Either way, your following ramble says you don't have a whole lot of room to talk:

I didn't wait....and although I will cringe when the new model is released I'm sure I can get plenty of use from the D700 before needing to upgrade ;)

Oof. Yeah, yer gonna cringe hard. Nikon's new models always massively outstrip their aged counterparts.

Nikon is making an announcement in the end of August. Everyone is anticipating them announcing the D400, D800 and possibly the D4 line. Rumors are the D800 will be 24MP.

How did that prediction work out for you? Like I said in that other thread...people have been predicting the D800/D4/D400 announcement every time Nikon has a release for at least 2 years. Eventually, they are going to be right. That doesn't make it inside info. It just means they make the same freaking prediction every day and are just waiting for it to come true.
 
And you know the exact inner workings of Nikon's current strategy how?

Never said I did...I just ventured my opionion...Either way, your following ramble says you don't have a whole lot of room to talk:

Oof. Yeah, yer gonna cringe hard. Nikon's new models always massively outstrip their aged counterparts.

Nikon is making an announcement in the end of August. Everyone is anticipating them announcing the D400, D800 and possibly the D4 line. Rumors are the D800 will be 24MP.

How did that prediction work out for you? Like I said in that other thread...people have been predicting the D800/D4/D400 announcement every time Nikon has a release for at least 2 years. Eventually, they are going to be right. That doesn't make it inside info. It just means they make the same freaking prediction every day and are just waiting for it to come true.

hahahahah... you actually went and dug up that thread just to toss it in my face? My GOD man that's seriously disturbed. :lol:

Aaaaanyway... Nikon did make an announcement, and everyone was anticipating the D400/D800/D4... so my statement wasn't predictive. It was merely reporting what was being said in the Nikon rumor mill. It was, at best, interpretive.

Any other snarky remarks? Maybe you would like to spend some time rooting through some more of my old posts. There's some 6,000 of them. Should keep you busy for quite a bit.

:lol:
 
Saving the best for last...
 
Any other snarky remarks? Maybe you would like to spend some time rooting through some more of my old posts. There's some 6,000 of them. Should keep you busy for quite a bit.

:lol:
Don't need to go dig up your old posts to make snarky comments...isn't it about time you went out and took your own profile picture instead of stealing someone else's work?:lmao:
 
I'm not so sure that Nikon didn't make a good decision with this new release. Time will tell. It doesn't infringe on their lead in the dSLR market and the ability to adapt and use existing Nikkor lenses is a bonus for shooters that want to downsize, much like myself. They sucked on the hind tits in the dSLR world behind Canon and look what has happened.

I was hoping for a m43 format mostly because the sensor size is not that far off from an APS-C sensor and the IQ is acceptable..... if you don't pixel peep. Haven't done it yet, but I suspect bringing my m43 images to print will be more than acceptable. Once I check it out for sure, I may drop the D300. The D700 stays though. :biggrin:


BTW Manny, I've got +10K posts I'd like to throw into that hat. :biglaugh:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom