!YAY! I'm Headed home.

newrmdmike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
well . . . i didn't think i would be excited, but i really am ready to go home after 2.5 months in se asia!

i have lots of good photo ops at home now, things that previously wouldn't have appealed certainly do now, and i'm excited about getting started!

Hey, sounds like you're energized and excited! Look forward to seeing posts from you.

BTW, is your "Huntsville" location in Ontario, or somewhere else?

I believe he's in Texas.

It's good to be comming home. I can barely stand to be away for a week at a time.

nope, huntsvilles in texas, like big M said . . . i'm actually in Tomball now, or again . . .me and daniel C will be hitting up the darkroom over the next 4 months.

it is good to be coming home! I'm afraid i've got the travel bug now though. San antonio a week after i get home, the bahamas soon after, then santa fe. Next year i plan on coming back to thailand. Good thing i have already saved 350 baht for all that . . . like $10.00 US.

And traveler man, i wish you had been here! when are you coming back? I didn't photograph as much as i thought i would, but jeez did i live it up.

hehe, tomorrow i'll fly through toronto at 3:50 pm and be there until 6 if anyone near there would like to have a mini-airport meet up or something! just say on this thread, i'm pulling an all nighter to get my time back to normal a little sooner.

And traveler man, i wish you had been here! when are you coming back? I didn't photograph as much as i thought i would, but jeez did i live it up.

Good for you. The traveling bug is a lifetime infection.
The future looks bleak for me to do anything but tourist-standard trips to Europe and US for 18 months or so. I dream about going back to Laos.

If the month is Italy goes off as planned, I may get to SEA for 6 weeks in Jan/Feb 2009.

sweet, the weather is supposed to be nicer that time of year right?

and congrats on 2,000 posts !

and antartican, i should be able to pick you at at the airport right, the woman thats bellydancing?

sweet, the weather is supposed to be nicer that time of year right?

Yes, it is actually cold at night in Northern Laos (40 F) and reasonably tolerable in Luang Prabang, etc.
I'm hoping that the border crossings are open to northern Vietnam by then so I can get to Dien Bien Phu.

man . . . having never been out of the us the cambodian border crossings were interesting. it took me two tries to get to one that would let me through, one wanted a "fly ticket" to prove i was leaving thailand when i came back in, the other i bought a fake bus ticket to show exit . . . . so bizarre.

Read about Cambodian border scams on TalesofAsia.com.
Cambodia is a freaky country and I wasn't super comfortable there.
Watch City of Ghosts with Matt Dillon, bad impressions of Cambodia.

Most reactions

Back