What's new

Yay or nay? Keep or trash?

RxForB3

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Feb 10, 2012
Messages
654
Reaction score
76
Location
Yakima, WA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was attempting to get photos with "texture" and at the same time show my first hobby in life. I can't decide if it was utter failure or at least a little success. Any thoughts? Keep or get rid of? If I should get rid of them, what could I do differently or better?


Vitamin B3 (A100) by RxForB3, on Flickr


IMG_9213 by RxForB3, on Flickr
 
The first is great! Wow. Exposure could be lower on those two big white things. Overall I think it's a fine image with wonderful texture and good strength. Is it an organ?
 
I played. :3

$7438113480_89e6172b96_o 2.webp
 
I think both are great, first one's truly better. The exposures are correct... whites are white (or rather creams are creams) and blacks (that middle key in the first image, and that distant one in the 2nd...) are black. Perfectly done! :)
 
I am a Hammond player too. I have a digital though does that count ?:mrgreen:

I like these shots but think they should "show" a little more, like a half or full step back.
 
Yes...well as I said, I was attempting :) I should have focused more on the wood of the music rack, but I was also wanting to show the organ to some degree.

Jaemie, I like the edit. There was just a little detail in the drawbars that was missing in mine.

And yes, this is an organ. A hammond A100 to be specific. Digital flower, do you play one of the transistor organs, or a "clonewheel" organ?
 
And yes, this is an organ. A hammond A100 to be specific. Digital flower, do you play one of the transistor organs, or a "clonewheel" organ?

It is a XK-1 so thats clonewheel. The "B-1.5":lol: as I call it sounds fairly authentic to me. Plus one person can carry it under their arm.
 
Nay. Not nearly enough in focus, or an interesting subject in the frame. But, of course both of those things are subjective. So, take it with a grain of salt.

Mark
 
Digital flower, that definitely counts for me. One of these days I'll get myself something similar. Probably already would have if I hadn't bought my camera! As is, it's just too much work to go play somewhere. I currently have an M3, A100, and RT-2, a leslie 770 and 31-H, but none of them are going anywhere for a gig.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom