yay!

303villain

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
ok so i bought a mamiya medium format camera like a month or two ago, it had shutter issues, so i waited and waited for it to get fixed. about a week after i got it, one of my cars got broken into while i was at school, among the things missing was my lovely new toy. i was so sad. well i got a tiny bit of insurance money this week, and replaced(sorta) my camera. i found this thing at the used/new camera store i have purchased all of my stuff from in the past. its a yashica 635, it came with the original hard case, a telephoto converter thing, a 35mm adapter(and a case for both of those) and a cheapo flash. i love it! its tiny compared to my previous tank, but seeing that i never shot a single frame with my other camera(or any other mf for that matter) i have NO idea what im doing! i just ATTEMPTED to shoot a roll, and im convinced it didnt go so great. after each shot, when i wind the film, is it supposed to stop on the next frame or am i supposed to know? cause it seemed like it would make a click sound, but not always, i ony think i shot 5 or 6 frames...that doesnt seem righT? i may ask my professor to learn me about it on monday, but for now im gonna go attempt to process this film real quick! wish me luck! Pics for clicks!
Camera w/ the converters on.
photos018.jpg

Were you shooting 120 or 220 film? 120 film is 8-12 exposures I think. If the stop mechanism is faulty then maybe sometimes it rolled on more thna it should have. 220 has more exposures 15-20? This is due to it not haveing paper backing and so you can fit more film into the spool.

Nice buy, I'm going to get something like this sooish.

I found a great used camera shop in Manchester (where I lieve). It has so many cameras and lenses. It has 5 rolleicords I could see from £75-£159 some with leather case. It has lioads of old canon and nikon cameras like the canobn ae-1 and a-1 etc along with pentax, chinon, minolta and lesnes for allt hose camera. along with loads of other medium format cameras as well. plus some nice Leicas (out of my price range thoguh at £450)./ It's my new favourite shop.

it was 120 film,just finished processing it, and im kinda mad at myself. well, not really, i kinda hosed putting the film onto the real so in one spot it stuck, it just so happened to be the part that had actual pictures. but i gotta figure out what the deal is with the advance or if its just me being anoob. all in all....1 useable negative hahaha, oh well, im learning. ill get there soon.

Most reactions

Back