Years of experience does not matter all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will give you an insight:

2 people have worked side by side for 20 years.
1 has 20 years of experience
The other has one year of experience repeated 20 times.
Good example.

I think it's related to what I said earlier - the years don't matter, what you do during those years does...

Sobolik.. good example. I think it is time to close this thread what do you guys think? :lmao: MOD can you please lock it. Thanks!

Bitter.. i got nothing against you. Start over? My testosterone kicked in (yes I still have some left even though I live with 4 females in my family, wife and 3 triplet girls). Sorry I made fun of your popcorn posts.

not a muscle car but I own a 1985 Toyota supra. It sits in the garage right now. Something is wrong with it :(. All "fun" money have been allocated to photography LOL.

Please forgive me for trying to bring the thread slightly more back on topic...

1. 20 years of experience and you didnt bring an external flash?

The photographer I hired for my wedding didn't bring an external flash, and her shots turned out incredible. I'll take a great, noisy (which can be fixed in post!) shot taken in ambient/natural light, over almost any shot taken with attached strobe. That said, maybe she has enough experience to know when she needs it or not? High ISO's, especially with the camera's made lately can be amazing...

2. You did not mount your lens hood correctly (she was using a large zoom range and it could go pretty wide.. 18mm-100+mm? Not sure). She had the long curved side on the side of the frame (landscape)
Is it at all possible that she had a large body SLR (1d, D3, etc.) or using a gripped smaller body camera and she was carrying it/holding it in portrait orientation? I've seen several photographers do this, and I've actually seen what you saw, until I actually looked closer and realized what was going on. Not saying this is what happened, just putting it out there as a possibility.

Then in the middle of photoshoot she said something really stupid. She said that my flash is messing up her focus. ??
There are many definitions of the word 'focus.' Only one of them refers to what you are thinking. It's entirely possible she meant one of the other 6 definitions (according to Websters). It's also entirely possible she misspoke and meant concentration, exposure, etc. It happens to people. I suppose it's a stretch to give her the benefit of the doubt, eh?

All in all, you're picking nits as far as I can see. You're trying to show everyone why you're a better photographer than a (supposed) 20 year veteran. I'm guessing she rubbed you the wrong way in your first encounter, and from then on you were looking for anything to show why she's not as good as she should be. Maybe instead of looking at the (potentially) 3 things she did bad and thinking she's not great, you could look at this as an opportunity to learn something and make yourself a better photographer.

gaerek.. she was using Canon 10d. MOD.. please lock it.

If you want the post locked, click on the red/black/white button on the lower left of your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back