What's new

years

Like the processing and the subject but feel the balance would have been stronger had the cane been a bit further forward in a more steadying position instead of the static position showing.
 
Like the processing and the subject but feel the balance would have been stronger had the cane been a bit further forward in a more steadying position instead of the static position showing.
it can't be perfect :)
 
Oh wow. Great pic.
 
I do have a way with the ladies... :)
 
huh.
the photo really doesn't do anything for me. Half of it out of focus I actually kind of find annoying and focusing on the hand and cane I just don't find anything interesting there. I usually like your work but not so much this one.
sorry.
 
huh.
the photo really doesn't do anything for me. Half of it out of focus I actually kind of find annoying and focusing on the hand and cane I just don't find anything interesting there. I usually like your work but not so much this one.
sorry.
oh lol
It's fine, there are plenty of those who don't like it :) Glad you commented because I still got a compliment ;)

Now, let this thread die ...
 
Last edited:
I quite like it. And for some reason I see or feel someting a little different,

The age is pretty clear, but that looks to me to be a strong grip on the cane.

I see strength maybe enhanced by the age. Never thought of it being a woman (until Derrel mentioned it), enhances my sense of strength even more.
 
Really nice shot here Maria. My only nit is that I wish for just a touch more exposure on the top of the hand. I feel like some of the intense detail is lost as most of it seems rather shadowed. I understand the dark/moody black and white processing, and it really works here. Just wish for a touch more fill on that one spot.

Jake
 
I quite like it. And for some reason I see or feel someting a little different,
The age is pretty clear, but that looks to me to be a strong grip on the cane.
I see strength maybe enhanced by the age.
Never thought of it being a woman (until Derrel mentioned it), enhances my sense of strength even more.
Jack (can I call you Jack? :)), I'm glad you told me your thoughts. Got to mention that she really does physically hold that cane strongly because she has no strength in her body to stand without it.
This shot doesn't represent her particularly though, but everything that has been said in this thread with, with your interpretation included of course (I think the same as you ;))

Really nice shot here Maria. My only nit is that I wish for just a touch more exposure on the top of the hand. I feel like some of the intense detail is lost as most of it seems rather shadowed. I understand the dark/moody black and white processing, and it really works here. Just wish for a touch more fill on that one spot.

Jake
Oh you guys with a flash... you always want some more fill on some spot ;) I do see your point though.
Thanks for telling me your thoughts!
 
Last edited:
Yes indeed. Jack and sometimes Jerk works.

I'm in Southern California and my last name is Stevenson. I remember this commercial very well.

 
What kind of post processing did you do here?, it's extra constrasty, but still seems to have detail where it needs it.

I'm coming from film to digital late in the game, and am lost in the digital darkroom.
 
What kind of post processing did you do here?, it's extra constrasty, but still seems to have detail where it needs it.

I'm coming from film to digital late in the game, and am lost in the digital darkroom.
nik software, curves, darkening/lightening some small areas with soft light blending mode and masking areas...it sounds/looks like I did a lot but I didn't really
 
Very good as well. Have you tried to trim the other hand and put the hand with the stick closer to 1/3?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom