What's new

years

That's beautiful Maria :icon_thumright:
My sister in law likes every picture I show to her so if I want to hear something nice no matter what I would show her a picture or two... and during this few years she liked every single picture I took except this one... I thought: I messed this up badly ;)

So thank you, it's nice to hear somebody actually likes it :)
 
I like this a lot!! The wrinkled hand and the grooves and aged look to the cane. Very nicely perceived and shot!
 
Pretty good shot of this old woman's hands and cane...not pleasant, not a light, breezy, fun shot, but more powerfully symbolic; I can image why your sister in-law did not like this, since it is too powerful, too honest, too much a predictor of the possible future.
 
This is about as brutally honest as a photo can get. I generally don't care for B&W, but here color would totally destroy the message.

As strangers, we are able to keep a bit of distance between us and the emotions you are invoking with this. You sister-in-law doesn't have that buffer.
 
I might make it slightly less honest and Photoshop out the newfangled zipper. Or at least the reflection.
 
That's awesome :)
I've always wanted to do a shot like that but have never gotten around to it... maybe I should :)
Anyways, it's a really nice photo, well done.
 
Beautiful photo, I like the way it conveys a story.
glad I succeed

I like this a lot!! The wrinkled hand and the grooves and aged look to the cane. Very nicely perceived and shot!
I didn't really notice mimicking until you didn't mentioned it :)

Pretty good shot of this old woman's hands and cane...not pleasant, not a light, breezy, fun shot, but more powerfully symbolic; I can image why your sister in-law did not like this, since it is too powerful, too honest, too much a predictor of the possible future.
you mentioned almost everything I wanted to say with this picture
This is about as brutally honest as a photo can get. I generally don't care for B&W, but here color would totally destroy the message.
As strangers, we are able to keep a bit of distance between us and the emotions you are invoking with this. You sister-in-law doesn't have that buffer.
Color doesn't belong here for sure... and brutally honest is something I really want to hear about some of my pictures.

Well done Maria! Great image.
You're kind John!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom