Yes ANOTHER Jumping Spider, those eyes!

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
If I could only get them on something other than cement/wood to get some contrasty colours in there.

But ... those eyes get me every time!

IMG_1551 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

Maybe just pull of a leaf of some kind of plant and lead it onto it next time.

Grtz,
Pablo

Yeah. I'd definitely say it's a wolf spider, not a jumper. It's also a bit dark, and quite a ways off.

Mark

I'll third the motion that its not a jumping spider and some kind of wolf-spider. Jumpers tend to be much smaller, with shorter legs and smaller front feelers on the whole. Their heads are also a little different (tending to have two big and two small eyes forward whilst this guy has just two forward and a more peeked head whereas the jumper has a flatter head - at least in my experiences of seeing them).

As for the shot you might find you have some luck getting a little extra depth by doing a local levels/curves change. Try selecting the spider alone and adjusting the levels/curves just on the spider itself. Many times this lets you get a little division in the shot between the subject and the background. For this, where background, foreground and middle ground are so similar it shouldn't be a problem to just work on the spider itself and not all the in-focus elements.

Most reactions

Back