Yet Another "Which Tripod" Thread…but Please Read It ANYWAY

Glad you are making it work for you. Is there such a thing as 'wind rated'? I being a little factious but, in 10 mph winds is there a way to gauge a tripod steadiness?
In Cape Cod I am seeing 20 mph a lot, but I do not think there is a tripod for that!
Nancy

Ok Sharon, which did you get and are you happy, and why?
I am in search of a tripod and curious to your choice.
Nancy

I ended up buying the one I linked to in my OP, the 3Pod by Adorama for $150. The jury is still out on it, but overall I think it's going to serve decently for what I wanted.
However, remember that I already HAVE two good, sturdy tripods, they just were too heavy for carrying long distances, on a day hike or to easily stick inside my luggage on a trip.
So I was specifically looking for lightweight, but reasonably sturdy.

The 3Pod seems just a little more "shaky" than I'd like when it's set up and fully extended. However, once I get my camera on it, it seems to hold it okay, without sagging or shaking. The twist-lock legs are indeed a PITA, but I don't anticipate using this tripod under conditions where time will really be of the essence, so the extra time it takes to set up and take back down aren't that important. I'll probably look for a different head for it--the head it came with is sturdy enough, but it doesn't have a QR plate, and that annoys me.

My primary use for this tripod is to be able to toss it into a backpack for a day trip, or into a suitcase for travel, and it works great for that. It's relatively lightweight, and folds down small and FLAT. I mostly plan to use it for landscape photography, and I think it's going to be fine for that.

Glad you finally got one. And I hope it helps your photos in the end.

FWIW
... a tiny tripod that fits in your pocket, expands to full standing height, and yet is remotely as sturdy as the mammoth ones.
I want one of these too. But make sure it costs $5.00 shipped :)

I second the MeFoto Road Trip tripod. I have it and use it as my main tripod. It's great and lightweight. I am 6' also, and it isn't an issue. I'd give it a second look.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back