Yongnuo Flash

And super easy to hack. I've moved the slave sensor to the front (where it should be), added a 1/8 jack for triggers, and added external battery packs to a few of mine.

Oh, and I'm working on adding remote control to one so I can adjust power from behind the camera.

most of it except the remote is pretty simple. for the jack just splice the jack into the 2 wires coming from the hot shoe (if its a manual flash). For the batter pack, just get a female 3 prong power plug. You can google the wiring diagrams for it. on normal operation in runs off internal batteries, when you plug in the battery pack it bypasses the internal batteries and runs off the pack. For the pack pick up a D holder from radio shack and some D batteries. Mount them in a cheap pencil case and your done.

I have the same flash, for $40 brand new off eBay they are awesome, highly recommended. The only think that I don't like is how overly sensitive the power dial can be - a little turn can make a big difference. I guess this is something I just need to get used to, I've only used mine a couple of times so far.

most of it except the remote is pretty simple. for the jack just splice the jack into the 2 wires coming from the hot shoe (if its a manual flash). For the batter pack, just get a female 3 prong power plug. You can google the wiring diagrams for it. on normal operation in runs off internal batteries, when you plug in the battery pack it bypasses the internal batteries and runs off the pack. For the pack pick up a D holder from radio shack and some D batteries. Mount them in a cheap pencil case and your done.

Awesome!
I want to do something like this--could you post some pics of what yours looks like with your modification?

Awesome!
I want to do something like this--could you post some pics of what yours looks like with your modification?

Yes PLEASE lol

interesting. i'll have to look into these.
looks like a perfect compliment to my new Cactus V5's.

Mine is in the mail!
Your gonna love it!

I'm not sure I'll know what to do with it when it gets here. I guess take pictures of everything with a flash and learn from trial and error when and when not a flash is needed. MissCream recommended a bounce card which I'll try but not sure where to start after that.

Most reactions

Back