You Are Not A Photographer...

While these are funny and my initial reaction is to laugh........I also feel like saying who are they hurting? If they enjoy it and it makes them happy who cares? The people who go to someone with those pictures in their portfolio would obviously not be willing to pay "Real Professional" prices. So....let them take their pictures.

I had a "friend" on Facebook post this on her wall and I couldn't help but feel a little sad and hurt by it. She didn't specifically call me out obviously but as a new photographer and someone whose goal is to have a small business doing portrait work I hate feeling that judged by people. If you don't like it, don't look at it.

Hello Kyna,

The reality is when you are paid to carry out some activity, then you should be open to judging. If you are working for free/ hobbyist/enthusiast, then you cannot be judged, you are free to experiment or do your thing. But if you are paid, get ready to be judged. Thats what happens with professional athletes.

Derrel, thanks for the kind words. I have been around, just haven't had much to say. :meh:

Actually, I think you're being modest and tactful. I'm sure you have lots to say, but have been restraining yourself. But without the vinegar in the salad dressing, it just doesn't taste as good. So it is with respect to appropriate, pithy remarks that the more experienced (and wise) members should be making.

Christopher, I think I found your 2010 Xmas Card. :greenpbl:

Christopher Coy: Not making any friends since June 2010.

You should become a supporting member, that would look great right below your name.

Derrel, thanks for the kind words. I have been around, just haven't had much to say. :meh:

Actually, I think you're being modest and tactful. I'm sure you have lots to say, but have been restraining yourself. But without the vinegar in the salad dressing, it just doesn't taste as good. So it is with respect to appropriate, pithy remarks that the more experienced (and wise) members should be making.

hm, you found me out;) I also don't care for reduance comments, but i can get my back up from time to time

Can someone explain to me what the bickering is *now* about in this thread? I'm confused. ...And in pain on the couch, which means I'm bored and curious. :lol:

Can someone explain to me what the bickering is *now* about in this thread? I'm confused. ...And in pain on the couch, which means I'm bored and curious. :lol:

Intertube dudes flexing their e-penis. I don't even really know.

Most reactions

Back