You Can't See Me! C&C Please!

BTilson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Trying to do a portrait session with my son to get some pictures for his great grandmother. Talk about a struggle! He acted like it was the most horrible thing he's ever experienced! This shot just cracked me up and I wanted to see what everyone thought of it. I thought the "aged photo" treatment worked pretty well with it.

Thanks!

3016254813_e5110f4f08_o.jpg

I like it! looks great although what i will say is it's a tad over-exposed and perhaps try a reflector to bounce the flash as the shadow of the wee kid is kinda unflattering IMO. But nice shot well done :)

I agree with Draken's comments about the over-exposure, BUT I actually quite like the effect. Granted it's not an ideal 'Send to Grandma' image, however, I thinkon it's own, it's a very interesting capture.

then again if you didn't like grandma depending on which side of the family she belongs to, Then this is the perfect picture to send to her just out of spite ;) I have my mother in laws name on my mobile as * Da enemy*. Wife hates it :lol:

Nah we're all on very good terms with great gramma, and this one definitely isn't one of the ones I'm going to give to her, but it's definitely one of my personal favorites out of the set, because it just shows off his personality so much.

I think the overexposure is product of the lightroom preset I used. The aged photo preset bumps up the exposure by 3/4 of a stop, I think. I'm at work right now so I can't check, but I'm pretty sure the original wasn't as over exposed as this one.

Edit: Here's another shot from this set. I noticed after the fact that I cut his left hand off a bit. Grr... I still like the shot though.

3017083870_19fed54bb8_o.jpg

Last edited:
because it just shows off his personality so much.

if it shows of his personality, wouldnt it be the perfect photo to receive?
honestly, if I got a photo like that it'd make me smile :)

I agree with MrsMoo. It made me smile and I dont even know the boy. :)

Well his great grandma wants one of the classic/traditional portraits. If I gave her the one of him covering his eyes, she'd either be really offended, or she'd force a grin, say "...Thanks..." and then it mysteriously vanish and never show up again.

As far as *I* am concerned, however, I love the shot, and it shows off just how stubborn and spunky my little dude is.

I like the second picture. Maybe brighten it up a tad?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back