You Talkin' To Me?!

Did the kitty stick his face into something? It would be a funny expression (as your title suggests) if he did; otherwise, I agree with Jack that he looks like he has some runny eyes and may need a quick trip to the vet.

You obviously are ignorant of the congenital issues when dealing with a severely inbred Persian showcat. It’s a losing game of catch-up in cleaning and scrubbing his eyes…At least 7 times a day! The day of this photo he had just been brought from his groomer for a lion-cut the day before. If left to grow out this boy’s weight goes from 7lbs. to 14 in 12 weeks. As I said, I clean his eyes at least every couple of hours and do the best I can. I feel he is very very happy and is treated like a king! In addition, I am a terminal leukemia patient who lives alone and he is the joy of my life. Please do not blindly critisize when ignorant of the facts!

Lighten up! No one was criticizing you, people were simply concerned for the kitty. There was no indication it was your cat, for all we know it was a snap as you walked by it in an apartment building or some such, and people who genuinely care about animals were expressing concern. I'm glad (as I'm sure everyone is) that you're taking such good care of him; very commendable. Just try and bear in mind the spirit in which the response was intended.

Well, It was offensive to me, as I rescued this guy from a lifetime of being a showcat and a breeder who fetched thousands of dollars for his owners. What I consider an abusive lifestyle. Trust me that he is being very well loved and cared for in every way. Here is a picture of his "working" days. Do you think he looks happier here?
P8130023 by J T, on Flickr

Well, It was offensive to me, as I rescued this guy from a lifetime of being a showcat and a breeder who fetched thousands of dollars for his owners. What I consider an abusive lifestyle. Trust me that he is being very well loved and cared for in every way. Here is a picture of his "working" days. Do you think he looks happier here?
P8130023 by J T, on Flickr
Again, consider the spirit in which the comments were meant. No one knew the cat was yours nor that you'd rescued him from a 'mill. I'm sure all will agree that you're doing the very best for him, and that if you'd included all of the facts in your OP, it would have been a different thread!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back