You are gonna want something older than what most of us are using. At your age I have to assume this is coming out of either dad's wallet or a paper rout.
Your best bet is to pick up something from the seventies and eighties. Yes it's film but you can spread out the cost, contrary to what a lot of people would tell you. These bodies are inexpensive and so is a large portion of the lenses. The body will likely be more than capable of surviving anything you could do to it, they're built like tanks. You can prolly get one in working order any where from $100 to $300 USD and the lenses vary in price but can usually be found under a hundred.
One of the draw backs, The lenses you will need likely won't fit the newer dSLR bodies, making the transition to digital a little tougher on the wallet. That is down the road, you can ponder that later when you have a deicent job and don't need worry about price as much.
I was gonna point you to some bodies I know rather well and firmly believe are beginner friendly...but
B&H doesn't have any in stock at the moment
Any who, My personal recommendations are the
Canon EF or the
Canon AE-1 They use Canons
FD mount lenses, and will with out a doubt fit the bill for what you are looking for. The two links I provided take you to pages of information about the cameras, if you need anything translated just ask.
I am much more fond of the EF than the AE-1 but they are equally user friendly.