Your comments, please..

chocolate

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i was visiting a friend and was brought to this run down family restaurant somewhere in South East Asia.

The first impression of the restaurant isnt really appetizing at all. It is an old shack made into a small restaurant. But the food was great and it was crowded by dinner time. so we got there early and i took a shot of the place.

Later, The photo was shown to a few other fellow photographers and i got such comments " it doesnt do justice to your new camera", "go practice and read up more".

I am usually highly critical of my own photographs but i thought i had quite a decent one with this shot althought it was pretty much a snap shot. and apart from teh camera bag on the left side of the photo, i thought i pretty much nailed it.

Please comment freely on the photo. i was trying to convey the old, run down side of the place.. have i failed badly??

_DSC1441kk.jpg

Later, The photo was shown to a few other fellow photographers and i got such comments " it doesnt do justice to your new camera", "go practice and read up more".

Well it is very "snapshotty", there's no real focal point, it doesn't have a really strong emotional effect, the flourescent lights are totally blown out, etc. It's just some people sitting in what I immediately thought was an army barracks before reading your post. It's a pretty good snapshot, but if it had been executed better then it would be a great photo.

hi reg.

i appreciate your comment.

how much importance are placed on the flourescent light from being blown out??

if i do another exposure ,ensuring the lights are not blown, would i be taking away some details of the photo in general??

thanks..

I don't find the lights to be a really big deal.

Just, people eating and watching TV in what I could have swore to be a barracks doesn't convey a strong sense of "old and run down".

thanks reg

Most reactions

Back