Your Progression Through ThePhotoForum

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Post your first picture you ever posted, and then your most recent shot. It'll be interesting to see how much people have improved as a result of the forum!

My first post, a tone mapped Jpeg(March 14th, 2010):

MACROTONEMAPPEDd-b-j.jpg

And my most recent (and best in my opinion), "The Glass" (August 19th, 2011):

Day4.jpg

Here we go first photo (though I was sure I started worst than this here -but appears not ;))

3261315088_a1351e02d4.jpg

and now my most recent (snapshots count right)
5986169166_b672293ca2_o.jpg

I think I might have learnt a few things but --- is that still a snapshot? ;)

Here we go first photo (though I was sure I started worst than this here -but appears not ;))

3261315088_a1351e02d4.jpg

and now my most recent (snapshots count right)
5986169166_b672293ca2_o.jpg

I think I might have learnt a few things but --- is that still a snapshot? ;)

I'm not sure if it counts as a snapshot as you clearly didn't use an on camera flash. Or if you did you bounced it, so i'll say it's in-between a snapshot and a posed shot. Still, nice progression.

Shouldn't it all be 18% grey by now KmH ;)

Ok I'll play along, although my first shot is more of a snapshot. I wanted to caption the emotion of my daughter. This is the first pic I have ever posted on here, just back in March. I've learned sooo much since March.

115 by mchatham79, on Flickr

And this last one..I just posted a few the other day, but this one is my favorite.

Karli-1 by mchatham79, on Flickr

Man, it's been forever and a day since I last posted pics on here, but here is one from my first C&C post in 2009 (hosted at photobucket so it's even softer than it actually is)

DSC_0027-2.jpg

And one from a shoot earlier this year

That's quite a challenge! Took me some time to even find my first thread here, then - after I learned the first photo ever posted to TPF had long gone from my then image host's site - to find it in my own archives, but it seems like I've been successful and can now show you the first photo I ever posted to TPF. Taken in November 1999 with my trustworthy Canon 500N on whichever cheap colour film I bought at the time (don't remember). Scan from print.

erstesototpf.jpg

And this is a photo I took last Sunday, only posted today, and no other photos taken after that session.

mmeottersberg21081102.jpg

Okay I want to join in!

My first photo posted in April/May 2011 taken with my Canon Powershot G12 (OMG DONT LAUGH AT ME)
bridge1.jpg

(BTW thanks to the lovely critiques from people in the know I went back and slightly improved the bridge photo to this one)
bridgebw2.jpg

Posted today taken with Nikon D40x

oscar (1 of 1) by lifebyme, on Flickr

Nice idea, OP. I checked back through the threads and found that it was some zoo pics I had shot and posted as my first images to the forum. I dunno, I kind of like that elephant and it is still one of my all time favourites. Maybe I am regressing.

Old
elephant-1.jpg

Shot on Monday
markana-1.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back