your thoughts needed

Dagwood56

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A friend of mine is coming to visit me for the day in August and we had discussed my doing some casual portraits of her. I explained to her that I have not done this type of thing in a very long while and also told her that they would have to be done outside in natural lighting --I no longer have backgrounds, lights etc. I will be working bare bones - I can not afford to buy or rent anything so I have to make do with what I have which is the following : Sony a100 & its built in flash, 50mm lens or my 35-70mm and I do have a tripod if needed.

I have three locations in mind, one is the local park, they have a stage there for summer concerts and since my friend is a musician I thought perhaps if I had her sit on the edge of the stage it would make for a nice backdrop. [stage interior is a beige color] The park is tree heavy though, and I'd rather not bump the film speed over 200 if I can help it.

The second location is a nearby lake, again tree heavy, but there are open areas as well. My concern here is that I don't think the scenery would be as pleasing, it is basically just heavy woods around a lake. I thought of using the lake as a backdrop, but I'm pretty sure there would be too much glare from the water even in the late afternoon and the fact that she has light blonde hair and fair skin i think would add to the problem.

The third place is another park, but its about a 30 minute drive from my home and she will have to do any driving thats needed to get us anywhere. This place has an old grist mill beside a pond, there are picnic tables throuhout the area, trees also, but not completely surrounding the area. I thought perhaps she could sit on a picnic table in front of the mill house....

Any thoughts or suggestions you might have will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mmmmm... I think the first one. Main reason is the location. You have a variety of backdrops. You won't put her out of her way to drive to the 3rd location... you guys will be tired. You will have shelter if it rains. Yeah that's all I can come up with....:)

Mmmmm... I think the first one. Main reason is the location. You have a variety of backdrops. You won't put her out of her way to drive to the 3rd location... you guys will be tired. You will have shelter if it rains. Yeah that's all I can come up with....:)

Thanks yemme. I was kind of partial to the park with the stage myself, thanks for responding.

Most reactions

Back