You're my angel

JDBB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey all. A little mix of Nikon D40 and Photoshop. Feel free to C&C if you'd like.
2699006481_ac9ae3f57b_b.jpg

Almost, but not quite. This would be a wonderful image if it was just a little less over-exposed, and if it were cropped so that there was less open space image left, and just a tad more image right (rule of thirds). That said, it's still a great capture, and a quick levels and curves tweak and crop would help it immensely . With images of this sort, try and avoid the all too common mistake of zooming in too close, rather leave a bit more open area around the subject and crop to suit in post.

you want to give it a try tirediron? feel free to edit it :)

It does not look overexposed to me at all.. just a bit strong in contrast which pushes some highlights over the limits.

maybe just the b&w conversion was not ideal.

In a shot like this, which is rather generous with space (e.g. left hand side), cutting off limbs like legs or wings always appears a bit painful to me, since it is not really a close up shot.

its an adorable photo, but I keep wanting to scroll over to see the rest of it...its off kilter (in my eyes) for some reason. I still don't know what I'm doing when it comes to photography though, so take this comment with a grain of salt. ;)

just out of curiosity. what kind of lighting setup did you use, and shutter speed? the shadows are at strange angles. on her hair the shadow on the wall puts the lighting above her. but the shadow of the dress shoulder on the wing puts the lighting straight on or from slightly below. also the shadows are really strange around her shoulders and elbows. her arms look ghosted. the wings show through at the edges. wait a min. aha! the wings are photoshop add-ons as well aren't they! ha ha! in that case well done. good fake shadows. just clean up the ghosting and reduce the shadow of her head on the wing and the arm shadows on the right side, and the shadow under her chin. then all the lighting will look unidirectional.
if im wrong of course, now i feel foolish and still ask; how did you light this? and were her arms moving?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back