zebra umbrella....C&C requested

Montanamyst

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone. Took some pics at the beach of this cutie with her zebra umbrella. I'm just posting for some CC. I was curious what you guys think of the background. I brightened them up in PP so that she would Pop, but I'm afraid it made the background too blown out. I personally liked them this way, but am curious what others think. Getting this one to be still with an umbrella was no easy task, therefore we have some playful shots! Any constructive CC is very much appreciated!!

$DSC_0671.jpg

$DSC_0661.jpg

$DSC_0657.jpg

$DSC_0655.jpg

did you use any fill light? Reflector or flash (rhetorical question!)? THAT would have made her POP! That would have left the sky blue, for more contrast against the subject. Not bad shots.. they are cute... but could have really been nice if shot properly with flash.

did you use any fill light? Reflector or flash (rhetorical question!)? THAT would have made her POP! That would have left the sky blue, for more contrast against the subject. Not bad shots.. they are cute... but could have really been nice if shot properly with flash.

Fill light was the plan, but my husband was in charge of bringing the softbox with speedlight, and showed up only with the softbox and no flash. I could have used my pop up flash, but it takes forever to recharge while trying to get shots of this one running around. The sky really wasn't blue anyway, it had been sort of an overcast day. This was shot right at sundown. Note to self: Never send the hubby back to the condo for my gear.

Just be careful when photographing subjects with patterns as this may cause moire. and make the photo not look as you expected

Most reactions

Back