Zune?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Dmitri, Apr 3, 2009.

1. clarinetJWD

clarinetJWD The Naked Spammer Staff Member

Well, I've had an iPod since the 40GB g3 was the best one you could get. I was using iTunes before that, because I find it's the best way to keep my library organized (All those automatic things...just turn them off and do it yourself!)

Problem is, now I'm locked into iPods, because I've spent probably 40 hours organizing, labelling, etc. my iTunes library, and really don't want to do it again! (Not to mention I have a ton of music in Apple Lossless now...)

The Zune software has come a long way, and is really good now, and spec for spec, the Zune thrashes the new iPods. Slightly bigger, but not noticeably so, and it has a bigger screen. It has WiFi, wireless sync, sharing, and store, FM tuner linked to the store, higher resolution video out, and an unlimited download subscription service. Not to mention that nearly every audiophile site talks about the Zune's significantly better DAC and amplifier. If I were buying my first player right now, and not very much locked in iTunes, it would be a Zune.

2. Dmitri

Dmitri No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thank you all for the replies. It is good to know that the Zune is a legitimate mp3 player. Now I have to decide between the Zune and the Sansa View.

Thanks again.

3. Apex

Apex TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    One of my biggest problems with the newer players is the inability to organize your music on your terms. Dont deal with itunes, dont deal with the zune software. Also, you might want to find a player that can act as an external harddrive as well. Your paying for the space to hold the music, you should get to say what goes in that space.

4. RyanLilly

RyanLilly No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    ...and it comes in Brown!

5. Hertz van Rental

Hertz van Rental We're supposed to post photos?

iTunes has the potential to work with any mp3. It has the advantage of being free and popular. A lot of on-line music stores such as Amazon can even download purchased music directly into iTunes.
    And if you know what you are doing iTunes is very flexible - and for the stuff it can't do get beaTunes.
    Like virtually everything techno these days there is actually little or no difference between products in terms of performance and it boils down to capacity and ideology.
    Most people who dis iPod/iTunes/Mac do so because they just do not care for the company and it's policies - in the same way that people put down Microsoft products because they don't like Microsoft policies.
    So people should just go for what they feel comfortable using.
    It's like buying a car. As long as you can afford it, it gets you from A to B and is cheap to run does the colour really matter? ;)

6. CW Jones

CW Jones TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

if your trying to decide between Sansa and Zune.... wait what? is there any comparison besides they both play music? haha I would say Zune hands down.

I have one of the old "bricks" the Zune 30GB and LOVE it, the bricks are super strong and sooo durable, If only they still made them, I would advice you to get a 30GB one