Beelzebub on a ciggie break

vonnagy

have kiwi, will travel...
Reaction score
Website
www.vonnagy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took this ages ago, would like to get your feedback on this. Sorry, i don't have any of the specs on this:

deathinthehallway.jpg

I'm missing the meaning here. I see a guy in a top hat with a cigarette, but nothing jumps out at me and tells me what is going on. Asthetically, I'd probably crop out some of the obvious, but without a cutline, I'm not sure what to think of it. Hell, it might not even crop out right without chopping limbs or creating an obvious cut. I don't mind quoting myself here when I ask "Who dat?"

I think it would look much better if somehow the person on the left disappeared, the head in the lower right disappeared, the black corner in the top left disappeared so could see rest of the branches/leaves and that window and then the devil-man moved to the right some, so he's in a 3rds position. And a little more detail in the man. Although... I've no idea how you would be able to do all that without going back in time and retaking the picture, hee hee. Sorry, I'm sure that's not much of a helpful critique! :)

Cool shot!! This is certainly a big departure from your more recent stuff. More like this, please. :D

I can see why you wanted to capture this character. Too cool!! He has definite presence here. I wish that bottom right head wasn't there, but the rest of it is fine, composition-wise. I love that black arch over the left side, with the suggestion of leaves and trees it does a nice job of framing the subject. Don't worry that he is so centered. Sometimes it's good to break the rules a little. :wink:

Great old shot, Mark. Go do some new ones like this! You have such a good eye for what works.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back