Canon vs Nikon - Stereotypes

How can Canon or Nikon claim superiority when third party's are make the senors. It would be nice if one or the other would do so (if financially possible). As it stands, both are selling plastic boxes with _____________ (fill in the blank) sensors it it.

As a Nikon owner - I own a Sony sensor with some Nikon plastic around it and a white stamp that says "Nikon". Nikon lenses are nice I guess.

Exclusivity has a certain amount cache to a customer base and as long as chips aren't made in-house ....then....

Just one opinion.....

How can Canon or Nikon claim superiority when third party's are make the senors. It would be nice if one or the other would do so (if financially possible). As it stands, both are selling plastic boxes with _____________ (fill in the blank) sensors it it.

As a Nikon owner - I own a Sony sensor with some Nikon plastic around it and a white stamp that says "Nikon". Nikon lenses are nice I guess.

Exclusivity has a certain amount cache to a customer base and as long as chips aren't made in-house ....then....

Just one opinion.....

Canon makes their own sensors fyi.

Just one opinion.....

Canon makes their own sensors fyi.
Maybe they should start letting Sony make them...you know, get caught up with the rest of the class.

I just noticed something irrelevant, and now I can't stop thinking about it. What IS critical care?

"You call that a heartbeat? Get out of here and come back when you've got a proper heart!"
"Your electrolyte balance is wayyyy off here, pal. Totally unprofessional looking."
"The GSW is totally unbalanced on your torso, and the whole effect would be much stronger with a second up around.. here."

I just noticed something irrelevant, and now I can't stop thinking about it. What IS critical care?

"You call that a heartbeat? Get out of here and come back when you've got a proper heart!"
"Your electrolyte balance is wayyyy off here, pal. Totally unprofessional looking."
"The GSW is totally unbalanced on your torso, and the whole effect would be much stronger with a second up around.. here."

He shows up to scenes where the best tool for the job is a squeegee and a bucket.

Being how it's Florida most often there is method and alligators involved.

For the company I work for, a small group of Medics are sent to University of Maryland at BC's 125 hour critical care course for RN's and Paramedics.
Aside from a more in depth review of cardiac and pulmonary systems, it teaches respiratory theory for ventilator transports, sedation and pump management, balloon pump management, and a bunch of other ICU type protocols. After we are cleared by our preceptor, we carry an additional dozen drugs on our trucks as well as a ventilator.

He shows up to scenes where the best tool for the job is a squeegee and a bucket.

Being how it's Florida most often there is method and alligators involved.
I get a LOT of cool narcotics to play with

Wow I come back and there's already 9 pages! Just to make it clear, I am not being naive in asking whether the cameras of one company is better than the other. Just wondering if the pros/cons mentioned in the OP are true. Reading the comments, it seems to be a mish mash.

Wow I come back and there's already 9 pages! Just to make it clear, I am not being naive in asking whether the cameras of one company is better than the other. Just wondering if the pros/cons mentioned in the OP are true. Reading the comments, it seems to be a mish mash.
The Solution..................... go out and shoot photos! Don't get caught up in silly discussions of which is better or worse. There are a great many fantastic images from BOTH major brand leaders, but they were taken by "Active" shooters who are out in the field, not on an Internet forum swinging their bats.

I am not being naive in asking whether the cameras of one company is better than the other.
Ah so you are a FUJI owner as well and make the reasonable assumption that at some point this Canon / Nikon thing will pass.

I am not being naive in asking whether the cameras of one company is better than the other.
Ah so you are a FUJI owner as well and make the reasonable assumption that at some point this Canon / Nikon thing will pass.

I only own a nikon d7100. Don't know much about fuji.

The Solution..................... go out and shoot photos! Don't get caught up in silly discussions of which is better or worse. There are a great many fantastic images from BOTH major brand leaders, but they were taken by "Active" shooters who are out in the field, not on an Internet forum swinging their bats.
This thread is NOT to be taken seriously:)

Most reactions

Back